Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jonzo

K-Mart

I have heard that K-mart is planning to move out of Troy... But does anybody know where they are moving? Not Atlanta are they... because we need them here in Michigan.

They're supposedly moving to suburban Chicago in Hoffman Estates, Illinois. They've said they're going to maintain a "significant presence" in Troy, but who the hell knows that that means.

The "significant presence" will gradually disappear. Kmart's moving out of its Troy HQ is just the begining of that. Who knows where they will end up though. Some people have mentioned downtown, but a dying company is not exactly the type of business I'd like to see moving to the city. Then again, it's better than nothing.

Kresge should just move to Downtown Detroit and get it over with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Downtown doesn't need dying companies. It needs growing ones.

Downtown doesn't need dying companies.  It needs growing ones.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you seen their stock. It went +10.00 in one day on, what was it, Thursday. The stock is now at $120.00. That went from 0-120 in about 2 years. If you ask me, thats not dying.

So their stock went up for a while. Stock price isn't everything. Look for Kmart to be completely phased out over the next several years.

K-Mart stores might be going away, but not the company. I believe they're just moving in a different direction. They have tons of cash now (which a lot of large companies don't have) and that really gives the company an advantage it didn't have a couple of years ago.