Loft Space

brown doc

Hey Doc,

welcome.

The Pearl Street lofts are going to be really beautiful, great spaces. Only 19 of the 68 units are for residential sale (four commercial condos). The location is what you might call "visionary"...its behind a dunkin donuts, mcdonalds, and used car lot off Broad Street, and seperated from Westminster by the Central High School playing fields, so its kinda "remote." Oh yeah, did I mention its RIGHT next to Central High School? Yeah.

That said, its very close to downtown, there are lots of other good developments coming online around there, and the buildings themselves are really cool. One of the coolest aspects is the Trinity Reps setbuilding studio is part of the project, as well as some RISD and Brown theater classes.

I would certainly at least check it out if you're looking for a loft style place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks

I can't believe that so many people responded with such enthusiasm! I am looking forward to my move, and can't wait to check out the lofts in Providence. For my budget, I think that the Pearl Street and Ship Street Lofts are the best bets. I am looking at the Toll Brothers condo on the East Side, but would like to live in a more "interesting" part of town. Well, I am flying in to check on the lofts and condos. Thanks for all your help.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am looking at the Toll Brothers condo on the East Side, but would like to live in a more "interesting" part of town.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure where the Toll Brothers condos are, but if they are near Wayland Square, you may find yourself surprised how interesting Wayland is compared to the Jewelry District.

I'm not sure where the Toll Brothers condos are, but if they are near Wayland Square, you may find yourself surprised how interesting Wayland is compared to the Jewelry District.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I consider them Wayland Square. It is the Eastside Commons project at the foot of Wayland Ave, next to East Side Market.

The Jewelry District can be annoying because of all the clubs... there are some very nice spaces there but it isnt so neighborhood-y. Wayland Square is nice... coffe shops, walk to EastSide Marketplace or Bread and Circus, walk to shops on Angel Street, walk through really nice neighborhoods of historic character, and not too far from India Point park. I think you may be happy there, or at least, it would be a good primer for living in and around the city.

Archived