Charlotte's SkyScraper Boom

monsoon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, if built, these projects will go a long why in giving Uptown a more urban feel, by spreading highrise development away from Tyron Street. BTW, what is the name of the lowrise residential area on the left side of the pic? Is there any chance of development taking place on Harris Teeter's (I think that was the grocery store) parking lot?

Great job rodkhilljames! :thumbsup: Give yourself a pat on the back.

Yeah, if built, these projects will go a long why in giving Uptown a more urban feel, by spreading highrise development away from Tyron Street.  BTW, what is the name of the lowrise residential area on the left side of the pic?  Is there any chance of development taking place on Harris Teeter's (I think that was the grocery store) parking lot?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belive the lowrise your are refering are mostly historic cotton mill buildings converted to condo's and offices (a couple newer buildings mixed in). This is the area on the left side just below the tree canopy covering the historic homes of fourth ward. I belive the parking you are refering to is not part of harris teeter (they have underground parking), but yes that would be an excellent opportunity to fill in the block between the vue and trademark.

I am continually impressed with Charlotte's skyscraper boom. I try to keep up with it, but some still slip by. This is the first I have heard of the View/Vue. It looks awsome.

RHJ- awsome rendering there. It really helps to put things into perspective.

• 2 months later...

nice break down of everything...

Can  you also include... any office towers that are in the process of getting proposed?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Charlotte by far has the best medium sized skyline none can compare not nashville not jacksonville new orleans not richmond nobody we have 12 residential towers all in the 40-50 story range and we are getting many new banking and music industry headquarters sorry but none can compete with the queen city yes charlotte is coming up.charlotte is already this seccond richest city in america and the fastest growing in america.The Queen City has earned her spot as the queen city and lives up to its name Queen City baby .

Charlotte by far has the best medium sized skyline none can compare not nashville not jacksonville new orleans not richmond nobody we have 12 residential towers all in the 40-50 story range and we are getting many new banking and music industry headquarters sorry but none can compete with the queen city yes charlotte is coming up.charlotte is already this seccond richest city in america and the fastest growing in america.The Queen City has earned her spot as the queen city and lives up to its name Queen City baby .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many of these projects are actually under construction now?

we are getting many new banking and music industry headquarters sorry but none can compete with the queen city yes charlotte is coming up.charlotte is already this seccond richest city in america and the fastest growing in america.The Queen City has earned her spot as the queen city and lives up to its name Queen City baby .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. Your ignorant and very pompous statements are pretty entertaining.

Since when is Charlotte the nation's second richest city and when did it become the fastest growing city in America?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm pretty sure Las Vegas is the fastest growing city.

How many of these projects are actually under construction now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to Emporis, which has been slacking as of late, 2 under construction.

Las Vegas is indeed the fastest growing mid sized city.

In the 2000-2003 overall city rankings for pop added, Charlotte was number 7 on the list with 43,830.

Oh god, why did he have to be from Charlotte....here we go again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sigh.....yep.

For the record, Of the two Emporis has listed UC, 1 is 17 stories, and 1 is only 8....however, a 36 story one just broke ground........still, nothing compared to CharlotteQC's claims.

I'm unaware of any MAJOR corporate relocations since General Dynamic's moved the ADP divisions HQ to Charlotte last fall.....we have lots of small (8-20 person) companies moving their HQs here, but so do a lot of places.

As far as growth, with the annexation coming up at the end of the month, the official planning dept. estimate here is that we will be at 651,000, people, an impressive increase in population, but certainly not the highest in the nation, by either absolute of percentage.

Most Charlotte forumers love their city, and feel good about the growth that is occuring here, but a small minority often makes Charlotteans appear irrational, or just down-right naive. Please forgive us rational posters, and ignore such blatant lies so this forum does descend to the levels it does att SSP and SSC.

It's up to the inidividual city maintainer. The guy who does Charlotte does most of the SE. I think that the reason that the one that is 8 stories is listed is because it is 35 meters, which is the other set of common criteria used to define minimum height of a skyscraper.

If he does most of the SE, he needs to work on the Jacksonville page....badly. It's missing 4 projects at 30 storys and taller, 2 projects at 20 to 29 storys and another 5 between 13 and 19 storys plus 4 reconstruction projects and I'm probably forgetting some.

Archived