4 First Union Center Cancelled

bret15

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, but it did offend me when the stinkin panthers beat my eagles in the NFC championship game two years ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets not forget they lost in the Superbowl this year... no offense i dont like the eagles, but I hate the Patriots!

I think we put a woop'n on you boys this year!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You DID put a whoopin on our half-crippled team, yes, good job. At least we both know how it feels to lose to the Pats in the Super Bowl.

My cousins and grandma live in south Jersey right across the river. Woodstown in Salem Co and Mulica Hill in Gloucester Co. My grandma used to live in Woodbury and my father was born in Camden, haha, sucks for him.

The stats are a few years old, although they make sense in a 2000 context. But what the charlotte folks are living and seeing now is very different than 5 years ago. And with the announcements/projects that are anticipated, the next 5 years will be even more extreme for population density boost.

In 1990, the 3 sq miles around downtown (i'm not sure where they got that #, but i'll play along) had multiple high-population public housing projects that severely limited the growth potential and income level of downtown. In the late 90s, those projects were converted to mixed income neighborhoods. By 2000, the projects were wrapping up, and were intentionally lower population. At that time, the neighborhoods like first ward had not yet attracted the developers to increase the population and income.

After 2000, though, the population has exploded, with first ward filled in around the hope VI redevelopment, gateway village was built by BofA, and higher density midrise projects were built in 4th ward. Last summer, there were thousands of people that moved in a DAY as part of the opening of J&W university.

The 2000 chart shows a ~6k population in 3 sq mi downtown. We now have an unofficial 10k in the 1.5 sq mi we usually track in charlotte. The 2000-2010 numbers will show vastly different growth/density. we are observing that for ourselves, but the census stats won't show it for a few more years. As others have said, though, we need a while longer before we catch up to mature and higher population cities like philly and boston.

Agreed, but I think you'll also agree that almost every downtown in the country is experiencing unprecedented growth as well.  I was just adressing the statement made before that Charlotte is catching up to Philly's (and others) density.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're trying! let us have that ;).

Agreed, but I think you'll also agree that almost every downtown in the country is experiencing unprecedented growth as well.  I was just adressing the statement made before that Charlotte is catching up to Philly's (and others) density.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suppose that literally Charlotte's downtown population density is "catching up", but it has a long way to go. Charlotte's downtown population density certainly is not decreasing :lol: it is most definitely on the rise (rapidly in some neighborhoods).

We're trying!  let us have that ;).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As I said before Charlotte is a great city. And I look forward to it's development as a dense urban core. This is something that can't be said outside of possibly Miami. I don't think Atlanta (while a nice city) will ever be a dense city like the northeast and midwest cities.

People are still moving out of Philly.  They are moving into Charlotte.  I think that says it  all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Check your facts, I think downtown Charlotte is moving to downtown Philly. Actaully I would like for Philly to move down 95 and take over Charlotte. I would enjoy Philly even more with your weather.

Check your facts, I think downtown Charlotte is moving to downtown Philly.  Actaully I would like for Philly to move down 95 and take over Charlotte.  I would enjoy Philly even more with your weather.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll call Amtrak and see how many cars we'll need to pack up liberty one. You call comcast and tell them to hold construction until we find a new site in charlotte.

Archived