4 First Union Center Cancelled

bret15

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're talkang about downtown champ.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am talking about Philadelphia. Did they ever rebuild the section of Philly that burned down when the police dropped the bomb on these poor people from a helicopter in 1985? (I can see why the peeps started moving out)

I am talking about Philadelphia.  Did they ever rebuild the section of Philly that burned down when the police dropped the bomb on these poor people from a helicopter in 1985?  (I can see why the peeps started moving out)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, if you want the peeps form that area back then please take them. But actually that area is near the UPENN (you know the Ivy League School) campus and has become very expensive. Who knew, all we had to do was bomb them out of there.

Since 1960 Philadelphia County has lost a staggering 1/2 million+  people.  And at the currrent rate of loss it stands to lose another 130,000 by 2010. 

What is so broken about the place that is causing so many people to leave?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gotta be the refineries! :D

For real though, the suburbs are quite beautiful. Downtown Philly is like 30 feet above sea level (and subject to flooding during very heavy tropical events), 5 miles or so west are some absolutely beautiful foothills.

Since 1960 Philadelphia County has lost a staggering 1/2 million+  people.  And at the currrent rate of loss it stands to lose another 130,000 by 2010. 

What is so broken about the place that is causing so many people to leave?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Evidentally, your too young to know about the history. Don't worry though, it's coming up in the 6th grade. You'll only have to wait 2 more years.

That current rate of loss, as you stated, is 2.5% and falling. We'll see what happens in 2010. Do you think downtown Charlotte will hit 15,000 by then?

Evidentally, your too young to know about the history.  Don't worry though, it's coming up in the 6th grade.  You'll only have to wait 2 more years.

That current rate of loss, as you stated, is 2.5% and falling.  We'll see what happens in 2010.  Do you think downtown Charlotte will hit 15,000 by then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would keep this from dropping to the personal insult level.

I think DT Charlotte will probably hit 15K within 2-3 years. It is already around 11K.

I would keep this from dropping to the personal insult level. 

I think DT Charlotte will probably hit 15K within 2-3 years.  It is already around 11K.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, sorry fellas. I didn't think that was personal but ok. Well on that note then I'll head back to the PA forum from now on and let you guys hash out the planning of the worlds greatest city. Good luck in N.C. :)

Hey, I never said anything bad about Charlotte.  I prefer a dense urban environment but I never called your city any names.  But your right we do have some ghettos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, Charlotte has some ghettos. Ever been through Piedmont Courts or Boulevard Homes?

Archived