You just won Powerball, where do you want to live?

Cotuit

Where do you want to live?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to live?

• OneTen Westminster
    • New Westin Tower
    • Waterplace (Parcel 2)
    • Hilton Condo Tower
    • 55 Broadway (circular gas station site)
    • CityLofts (Power Block, location unknown)
    • Wayland Square Condos
    • Federal Hill (Rialto)
    • Federal Hill (Atwells at Knight)
    • Pearl Street Lofts
    • The Foundry
    • The Cosmopolitan
    • Other

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What, I'm the only one to vote so far?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I made the poll, but I can't decide. :blush:

OK, I voted, OneTen. Though I was torn between that, Waterplace, and the Rialto site on Federal Hill. Maybe I'll buy my parents a place at Waterplace. :)

If I won Powerball (which I don't play so I'll never know the joy), I would just build my own tower. The size, of course, would depend on how much I won but I couldn't think of a better way to spend my money, make it back, and have a beautiful place to live. If I just made my money back on it then I could repeat the process. A smaller profit margin is acceptable in return for being able to create reasonably priced (and attractive!) housing downtown and get the real residents of the city in there. Ya know, the people that made Providence cool in the first place? The people that (like a lot of us) pretty much would have to win the lottery to live in these places.

My vote as well :-).

- Garris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I won powerball I would have contacted the folks over at Intercontinital Real Estate and let them know that I would require an entire floor for myself, which would include an indoor/outdoor pool and gym. Of course I would need my own private elevator. :rolleyes:

You just won Powerball, where are you gonna live? (In Providence, you're not allowed to leave!)

Did I forget anyplace?  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For me, Parcel 2 hands down. Waterplace just sooths the sole. One Ten Westminster was a very close second.

Had to give the Cosmo a nod. Don't really care how much money I'd have... but 800k for 3000+ square feet vs 2.5mil for 2300 sq.ft?

I'd call it a no brainer (even with 2 or 3 hundred million.) I know its nice to have a great view but space comes at a premium in a city and believe it or not the Cosmo has some pretty nice city views too (minus its proximity to the sportsmans inn of course) Being a little lower also lets you have the other buildings as a view and not just your neighbor's roof mounted HVAC systems.

ps: I'd take the other 299 million, buy the sportsmans inn and build a new tower in its place ;) problem solved

ps: I'd take the other 299 million, buy the sportsmans inn and build a new tower in its place ;)  problem solved

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no, the Sportsman is actually a pretty nice building. Buy the ProJo Parking lot and build a nice new tower. You can renovate the Sportsman.

Point well made Cotuit. That building is pretty nice. I guess with all that new money, I didn't think it all the way through. Thanks for keeping me in check  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't let the money go to your head. :wacko:

Archived