My First Post

emoney

Hey guys...I'm a fellow skyline enthusiast. I search the boards often but never posted anything. I wanted to share my favorite picture of the winston-salem skyline (taken from Wake Forest's Wait Chapel). I went to Wake for undergrad and they always show this picture..I even have it on a postcard!

And I just have to say some of you take some awesome pics...

Anyway, I checked back and didn't see it posted, so I hope you enjoy. I grew up near Winston-Salem but now live in Durham, so I can appreciate the differences (and similarities) between cities/regions within NC...more on that later...

enjoy!

Eric

Fall-Quad-832.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the welcome. I wish I could claim responsibility for the picture, but I did not take it. It's actually a photo that Wake Forest uses in promotional materials.

My guess would be that it was taken from the steeple of Wait Chapel on the opposite side of the quad. There is a small room at the top of the steeple, but it's not open to the public (although if you ask someone in Wait Chapel about wanting to take a picture...they might just let you up there.)

Here is a similar one from the same collection taken from the same vantage point.

fall_quad-833.jpg

Great picture - I've seen a couple that are similar, but they include the whole campus and downtown, so the skyline is just too small to be impressive. This one is wonderful! It would be great if Hawthorne Hill's skyline, Wake Forest's Medical Campus, showed, which is just to the west of downtown.

Archived