PROPOSED: OneEleven Fountain (Fogarty Bldg.)

• 8 months later...

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last meeting I attended on this, the DRC was close to approval on a building which featured a faux historic shell. Not gorgeous but not terrible, acceptable.

I believe if demo is moving forward, that means DRC gave approval to a final design (unless Kerry Anderson decided this was a public safety hazard and had to come down!!!!!).

I was gonna post the most recent rendering I've seen, but my server seems to be down :(

Oh hai, here it can iz:

dev-fountain_lg2.gif

^ But DRC was picking that apart quite a bit, so I don't know where they landed with the design.

Thanks for the update xine, last time I was at DRC when this was heard, the Commissioners and some of the audience were bemoaning the lost opportunity to do an outside of the box modern work here. I'm disappointed too, but this is a million times better than the craptacular piece they first exposed the DRC to. I'm glad the DRC got them to make the central part more contrasting.

Nothing new on the Procciannti web site regarding this project. the same old picture and not much information. Also nothing in their last newsletter. A small convienence store would be nice and a 24 hour diner type restuarant. That would give conventioners some place to pick up odds and ends within walking distance of the hotels and meetings.

Archived