PROPOSED: OneEleven Fountain (Fogarty Bldg.)

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it helps attract people to the convention center in this case. I looked at the projo today and I can say I dont like the looks of the building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really hope someone else gets the bid for this location. There is so much going on in the city, I could hold off on this particular project in the name of a better stucture. With the power block being what it should be, this building wont fit in the naiborhood...

Regency Plaza, not that it really matters, a better name would be 'crap.'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Difficult to tell from a scanned newspaper rendering - but yikes! It's looking like a waste of an opportunity. It's almost as bad as Center Place next to the Amtrak Station. If it's not going to add anything to the landscape, just keep the original building. (Maybe this is the ugly side of the building! haha).

BTW - Thanks for the 'welcome' Cotuit.

Wow, That pictures almost makes Fogarty look better than it really is.  Dont be fooled its  one nasty building!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I loaded the pic on my computer I was dissapointed that I neglected to capture any of the boarded up windows.

That picture is actually a preview of what the building would look like after a thourough powerwash

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a Photoshop powerwash, it was getting dark when I snapped the pic so I lightened it quite a bit.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Question? Now the TPG has the rights (or soon will) does any one other then myself hope for a new design. I absolutly hate the messola redering. It seems like it was trying to be like the the old train station complex, (for those who dont know that one its were Union Station brewery, Capital grill and "RIP Brewed Awakening")

I think it's a near certainty that we will see a new design. And having Proc. Group involved gives me some hope for the new design. The Hilton design is good, the Westin 2 design is good, their Westin project in Portland, ME is good, and good in an urban manner, in that the carport is hidden from the street and the building goes right to the sidewalk.

So I think we'll see a better proposal from Proc. Group soon. Personally I'd like to see something on the modern side, but we'll see.

So I think we'll see a better proposal from Proc. Group soon. Personally I'd like to see something on the modern side, but we'll see.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree (hope?) the Proc Group will do better there...

I'm not sure what I'd like to see there, though... Something that matches and fits the Convention Center and redone Dunk so it looks like one integrated center? Something that is totally different, to prevent that block from looking dull? I don't know what I'd actually want to see there...

That said, given it's role of appealing to those that don't want to leave a hotel structure to attend a convention, and its expected role of helping draw more business to the convention center, I would expect something conservative yet classy, perhaps something along the lines of the Marriott (I think) being done in Hartford next to their convention center.

What would do all think would best fit there?

- Garris

Archived