Creative Loafing's Urban Explorer

DigitalSky

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say I was disappointed. The research seemed weak to a certain extent and I can't imagine this "guide" truly enticing anyone to explore any parts of the center city they have neglected. I really expected more from Creative Loafing. The background on each neighborhood seemed to neglect the most interesting aspects of the neighborhood's history; many of the coolest places within some of these neighborhoods were left out. Lastly, they really let down Uptown. First of all they referred to it as Downtown. I will say this, Uptown is called uptown for historical reasons, it's not just some boosterism term (although the city did push the term for that reason) Uptown is the area's name. Having an Uptown instead of a downtown is unique and Charlotte should embrace all of the authentic uniqueness it has. They also referred to Epicenter as "Millennium Square

I have to say I was disappointed.  The research seemed weak to a certain extent and I can't imagine this "guide" truly enticing anyone to explore any parts of the center city they have neglected.  I really expected more from Creative Loafing.  The background on each neighborhood seemed to neglect the most interesting aspects of the neighborhood's history; many of the coolest places within some of these neighborhoods were left out.  Lastly, they really let down Uptown.  First of all they referred to it as Downtown.  I will say this, Uptown is called uptown for historical reasons, it's not just some boosterism term (although the city did push the term for that reason) Uptown is the area's name.  Having an Uptown instead of a downtown is unique and Charlotte should embrace all of the authentic uniqueness it has.  They also referred to Epicenter as "Millennium Square

Archived