Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

He's talking about this

Suppposed to go somewhere at Atlantic Station.  I think it would be better on Peachtree somewhere.

I just realized there's not a complete rundown of Atlanta projects on this site ...I'll try to put one together.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My gosh Martinman, I'm going to have to start relying on you for information. You are always there to get me the information I need.

Now that you show me this article, I remember it vaguely now. I had forgotten the name of it. When I saw this in the AJC, I really wanted them to build it. I still do. It would be a great addition to the growing monuments of Atlanta.

Thanks again Martinman for your contunued information. :)

Heres Atlanta's intown U/C project rundown containing most (I know I'll miss some) of the projects in Buckhead, Midtown and Downtown currently under construction only .

Note: this does not include projects in the neigborhoods surrounding the CBD.

Buckhead

Ovation - 19 story condo tower

ovation4lj.jpg

Terminus - 31 stories, office

terminus3kr.jpg

Realm - 29 stories, 406 condos

realm5pq.jpg

Aramore - 14 story residential, 160 units

the20aramore3be.jpg

Comsopolitan on Lindbergh - 244 condos, 142 apartments, 14 townhomes

renaissancelindbergh4nv.jpg

Midtown

Spire - 28 stories, 393 condos

spire2fn.jpg

Plaza Midtown - twin 20 story towers, 452 condos

plazamidtown5lu.jpg

905 Juniper - 8 stories, 117 condos

905.juniper.jpg

1180 Peachtree - 41 stories, office

symphonytower8qw.jpg

Piedmont Crest - lowrise, 70 condos

piedmontcrest8wt.jpg

High Museum - Renzo Piano designed 177k sf expansion

high8wu.jpg

Atlantic Station

Element - lowrise, 322 condos

element18lb.jpg

Icon - lowrise, 242 apartments

icon6mj.png

Twelve - 26 stories, 404 condos, 101 hotel rooms

twelveatlantic7er.jpg

The District - 1 million sf retail

thedistrict3yp.jpg

ATL Lofts - 303 lofts above retail in

Edited by Martinman

In your DT listings, you forgot the Twelve Development. Twin 30 story towers with 1000 units, plus hotel. I've seen some renderings floating around the net, don't have them handy though. Although I don't think the developer has had the ground breaking ceremony yet, site prep work is well underway.

Edited by paulblackgsx

The Peachtree Portal site is in the beginning stages of construction & of course two city blocks are under construction for the Ivan Allen Plaza with one more block being used for construction headquarters. And of course there is the new street construction...

What is going on IS Novare is about to do it again in Midtown. Preliminary plans for what many Atlantans know as the "Backstreet site" call for two 40-story residential towers done in two phases, separated by a plaza and of course with street level retail. Each tower will have around 400 units. The small apartment buildings and the Starbucks in that block will remain.

The Atlanta Business Chronicle article said that they are fast-tracking it and expect to begin construction before the end of the year

:thumbsup::w00t::thumbsup:

Edited by Martinman

I drove by the Twelve Centennial Hill site the other day and it does not appear to me that any work is going on.

The cranes are currently being lowered at Spire and 1180 Peachtree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My apologies - I think I need to understand the difference between site clearence/preperation & building construction.

I really like the design of 50 Allen Plaza, the only info I have seen lists it at 47 stories. I'm guessing they're still in the planning stages, does anyone know what the timetable is for this project?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just found an article about Allen Plaza that lists 50 Allen Plaza at 34 stories.

http://www.globest.com/news/317_317/atlanta/135777-1.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I drove thru DT yesterday: South'n Co Tower basically done-55 Allen will have erns & young and is ready to build. work is being done to cleer the DT 12 lot--50 Allen is having clearnce work done too. Also the new WOC looks like its having its land prepped.

There's an article in the AJC about Cousins influence in the Beltline planning....blah blah blah. As if developers weilding influence in Atlanta is really news. But there were two lines I found particularly interesting in the story

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/busine.../18cousins.html

"A financial analyst who tracks Cousins Properties said the combination of Gellerstedt's condo experience with Cousins' retail and office development operation sets the stage for Cousins' dramatic entrance into Atlanta's booming market for intown mixed-use projects.

"The potential profits of such a large-scale urban redevelopment have attracted the interest of many national developers. Another of Cousins' development partners is among them. In a joint venture, Cousins and the Related Group, of Florida, recently broke ground for a 54-story residential tower facing Miami's famed Biscayne Boulevard. The Related Group has talked with Mason's group about buying land along the Beltline"

Edited by Martinman

• 3 weeks later...

From the Atlanta Business Chronicle, Aug 5th

"Novare Group has agreed to buy 2.3 acres at West Peachtree and 14th Streets for a high-rise mixed -use condominium project on a site where Pope & Land Enterprises Inc also plans class A office space. Novare, Atlanta's most prolific condo developer expects to close on the southwest corner of West Peachtree and 14th streets by the end of 4th quarter. The site is accross from Atlanta based Pope & Land's Atlantic Center Plaza.

Pope & Land's phase III of Atlantic Center Plaza calls for mixed use development inclusing office, hotel/residential, and retail on that corner. Novare is puting it under contract, but Pope and Land is staying in as a joint venture . Jackie Gauthreaux, vice president of leasing and marketing for Pope & Land says 'It is a sizeable project. We may start it in the next year, with a 30 month construction frame.'"

This would be great.

This will finally have dense development at all four corners of this intersection. I am glad that they are keeping retail in the equation. Both the southeast and southwestern corners of West Peachtree @ 14th both contain viable eateries. Being steps from the new proposed Symphony Hall and two blocks west of the soon to be completed 1180 Peachtree should hopefully provide some momentum for the residential building proposed by Novare. There will be alot of high paid lawyers in walking distance now.

I'm a little less optimistic by the Holder announcement. It definitely can happen because there has been such a demand for new class A office space in the midtown region. My concern is once King & Spalding vacate 191 Peachtree for thier new digs in 1180 Peachtree, that will unload alot of class A office space in a trophy tower. Also Barry Realty is looking for an anchor tenant for it's proposed 34, story class A, 50 Allen Plaza. Although Mr Barry has said that he can build without an anchor, financially I know he and his creditors would prefer the building to be at least 55% preleased. It's definitely possible though because there has definitely been a ton of momentum in the midtown sub-market.

I guess I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Lady Celeste

This would be great.

This will finally have dense development at all four corners of this intersection. I am glad that they are keeping retail in the equation. Both the southeast and southwestern corners of West Peachtree @ 14th both contain viable eateries. Being steps from the new proposed Symphony Hall and two blocks west of the soon to be completed 1180 Peachtree should hopefully provide some momentum for the residential building proposed by Novare. There will be alot of high paid lawyers in walking distance now.

I'm a little less optimistic by the Holder announcement. It definitely can happen because there has been such a demand for new class A office space in the midtown region. My concern is once King & Spalding vacate 191 Peachtree for thier new digs in 1180 Peachtree, that will unload alot of class A office space in a trophy tower. Also Barry Realty is looking for an anchor tenant for it's proposed 34, story class A, 50 Allen Plaza. Although Mr Barry has said that he can build without an anchor, financially I know he and his creditors would prefer the building to be at least 55% preleased. It's definitely possible though because there has definitely been a ton of momentum in the midtown sub-market.

I guess I will remain cautiously optimistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

According to the article, this one has more than a fighting chance because

1) a S. Carolina based law firm is looking to move from 999 pchtree

2) The firm has said that they prefer the 14th street area of Midtown

3) Holder built their HQ in Columbia.

According to the article, this one has more than a fighting chance because

1) a S. Carolina based law firm is looking to move from 999 pchtree

2) The firm has said that they prefer the 14th street area of Midtown

3) Holder built their HQ in Columbia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow. A S Carolina law firm will anchor the move? They must be expanding in Atlanta? That's odd. Why not build a larger headquarters in their hometown. I'm sure Columbia wouldn't mind another tower. most of their business must be coming from the Atlanta area. I wonder what are their specialties. Oh well....I will say that I'm glad that it is being anchored by a law firm. It would have been nice for them to take space in 191 Peachtree but I guess this is a nice way to get something new.

999 Peachtree is where? Is that 1099 or 999? If it is 999 that you are referencing then they are definitely expanding. 1099 is the fairly tall pentagon type building katy corner from the Campenel (sp?) building. I guess this bodes well for the residential buildings in the area. All these law firms in such a confined area. Wow.....keep us posted Martinman.