Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

I don't really know where else to post this, but check this article out. It's a comparison of Chicago's Shedd Aqaurium and the Georgia Aquarium here in Atlanta:

The Article

(From the AJC)

Apparently the Shedd, as made obvious before, will lose the title it's held for 75 years to Atlanta. I wonder what Chiacgoans will think of it?

Seems construction has started in earnest on Twelve Centennial ( I know there was some site work a while back). They are excavating the dirt and concrete etc and removing trees from the site. I read that they plan to build one tower in phase one and build the second tower once the first is 80% sold. It'll be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

No surprise that this was the next project to move to actual construction.

Onyx your'e up next! :thumbsup:

centennialhill.jpg

Edited by Martinman

Seems construction has started in earnest on Twelve Centennial ( I know there was some site work a while back). They are excavating the dirt and concrete etc and removing trees from the site. I read that they plan to build one tower in phase one and build the second tower once the first is 80% sold. It'll be interesting to see how that all shakes out.

No surprise that this was the next project to move to actual construction.

Onyx your'e up next! :thumbsup:

centennialhill.jpg

anyone heard of a new mid rise condo going up in Buckhead by a group called Linbrook (sp?)?

Do you know of a good website to find out info?

anyone heard of a new mid rise condo going up in Buckhead by a group called Linbrook (sp?)?

Does anyone have any info/renderings on Onyx?

Here's the rendering for Onyx though its likely to have changed some since the developers had to tweak the project a little to make it work. At last report it is going to be 18 stories, 115 units and 3 retail spaces with groundbreaking planned for Sept(only a few days left).

I really like this project because its great infill and the right scale for its location near a pretty happenning intersection next to Piedmont park.

72onyx.jpg

Edited by Martinman

Here's the rendering for Onyx though its likely to have changed a little since the developers had to tweak the project a little to make it work. At last report it is going to be 18 stories, 115 units and 3 retail spaces with groundbreaking planned for Sept(only a few days left).

I really like this project because its great infill and the right scale for its location near a pretty happenning intersection next to Piedmont park.

Thanks Martinman. I can't wait to see the final rendering. Is that project being head up my Novare? Also, does anyone have any news on the ACP III project?

Y'all, found some info about Novare's project that will go up in Midtown in the old Backstreet location:

There are two towers, phase one will be 43 stories and phase two will be 30 stories.

More info can be found on the last page of this very large PDF:

http://www.atlantaregional.com/qualitygrow...R_7THSTREET.PDF

^^cool stuff! and a great source of info about these projects.

It also shows there will be 50000 sf of retail on the Backstreet site. Can't wait to see the renderings. Those that have seen it have been impressed.

The DRI report indicates they intend to build both Twelve Centennial towers in one phase. I must have confused this with the Backstreet plan.

Thanks Martinman. I can't wait to see the final rendering. Is that project being head up my Novare? Also, does anyone have any news on the ACP III project?

Onyx is not a Novare project, but they are a part of ACP III. I haven't seen any news about the proposal since Novare signed a letter of intent to buy a portion of the land at the site. Nothing is likely to happen until they get an substantial prelease for the office space. The original plan was to have residential above the office space but since Novare bought part of the property, that may have changed.

Edited by Martinman

I thought I had heard of something like this and I accidently stumbled across it this morning while looking for something else.

Its a senior community thats planning a 24 story, 142 unit addition, including 2 penthouses.

AJC story

Edited by Martinman

1180 Peachtree strikes again!

1180 is gaining momentum as it's March 2006 opening date quickly approaches. Two new tenants sign leases

at the stunning new Midtown tower. Winner 1180 Peachtree, losers One Atlantic Center and the Proscenium Building across 14th St from 1180.

Roark Capital, an equity capital firm, has signed a 10-year lease for 9,700 square feet while Rabobank International, an international investment bank, has signed a lease for 11,000 square feet. The newcomers bring the building to 76 percent leased with five months to go before the building is completed.

This is "tower hopping" at it's best. I guess this goes to explain to others what I mean by tower hopping and how buildings can continuouly be built regardless of Atlanta's vacancy rate. The Proscenium is relatively new and One Atlantic Center is a landmark. I guess when it comes to "best" nothing exudes that better than "new."

Read more here:

Midtown skyscraper lures more tenants.

I really wish I could have gotten some pics of it while I was in Atlanta...oh well, maybe next time.

I wish I could go up in it.

It's so nice to hear that this building is doing so well in attracting tenants. How has 191 Peachtree fred in that area? Does it still ave such a high vacancy number?

Iron from what I hear....or haven't heard.....191 is still looking for tenants. What I have heard is that the building may seriously consider offering office condos of various sizes on some floors. This would give one ownership in a signature and very attractive tower. I hope everything works out. There are so many new office buildings planned in the Midtown and Buckhead submarkets that 191 is going to have to either be creative or very tenacious in it's recruitment of tenants.

I will be positive though and say that while now 191 may seem a bit abandoned, as the downtown area changes, this will change. Before Centennial Olympic Park, Centennial Tower (the building with the chevron at the top) was empty for years. Now, while not 100% leased, is not empty like it used to be.

Well, according to this article (which I am sure most of you have read), the retail portion of Atlantic Station is set to open October 20th. Rumors circulated in the article say that it may sap some of the business from the city's malls. The developers behind the retail village say this will become "Atlanta's Downtown Mall". They also say it will signify the rebirth of 'Main Street" downtonwn, only relocated.

This is certainly an exciting piece of news. Any thoughts?