Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

• 3 weeks later...

Aqua.jpg

Aqua, a 25-story condominium tower meant to bring a touch of Miami's famed South Beach to Midtown, is now under construction at the corner of West Peachtree and 10th streets.

The target audience is executives and young professionals. The 84 units will be larger than typical in Midtown, averaging 1,800 square feet, and each will be served by direct, private elevator service. Prices range from the mid $200,000s for a one-bedroom unit to the low $800,000s for a three-bedroom.

Everything but the waterfront: South Beach style in Midtown-AJC

Edited by Martinman

Thanks, Hybrid. I drove by there the other day and was wondering what the finished product might look like. It'll make a fabulous home for the Opera, and a lot of other things, too!

It will t least make a great home for the opera, even if it isn't in the city. That rendering looks like a good one :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I stumbled across this in news searches:

'High-end' project planned for Virginia-Highland

A four-story retail and residential project is in the works for the Virginia-Highland shopping district of Atlanta, an area known more for little boutiques and restaurants than large-scale development.

North Highland Property Development has filed initial permits for a $15 million project

I would like to see them keep with the neighborhood and maintain a one to two story street front and then step the residential units back another 15-20 feet from the street. Sounds like it will be a good project for the area.

Oooops! I just saw Teshoda's posting and yes the project does step back as it goes up. Way to go!

tributelofts5cu.jpg

Tribute Lofts development begins in Old Fourth Ward Story Group

Tribute Lofts, a mixed-use community under development near the intersection of Freedom Parkway and Boulevard, will offer residents loft living in the heart of the city's historic Old Fourth Ward.

Construction on the 147 homes and retail space at Tribute Lofts began in January and the first residents are expected to move in early in 2007. Residents at Tribute Lofts will be within an easy walk or bicycle ride of Inman Park, Virginia Highlands, Little Five Points, Midtown and Downtown.

Edited by Martinman

$700 million Alpharetta project

Wow, this sounds quite impressive!

Prospect Park is a go in Alpharetta. After more than six years of assembling land and months of discussions with the city government and neighborhood groups, Thomas Enterprises Inc. has started construction.

The developer expects to spend at least $700 million to build a luxury mixed-use development at the intersection of Georgia 400 and Old Milton Parkway.

Link

I can't really say much right now, but there might be some movement on the Medical Arts Building soon.

Apparently, there is a group of investors that are talking to someone from Canada about opening a Boutique Hotel in the building.

We've been approached about doing it, but I don't know if that will happen. A big renovation like that is not our strength.

- - -

There is another in town project that was debated heavily the other day that we are also in the running for. That is more promising, but I won't mention it until I know more.

New Coke museum pauses, refreshes - AJC

image33215601rb.jpgWebcam

The company recently released details of the new building, estimated to cost $97 million. The new museum will lose the cube shape of its predecessor which opened in 1990, and will double the size of the current building.

The new World of Coca-Cola will feature contemporary glass-and-stainless steel architectural design on one side, dominated by a 27-foot "frosted" replica of its famous contoured bottle encased in a 90-foot glass cylinder. The other side will be traditional, so much so that it looks as if it could be part of another building. A glass window will display a smaller version of the another building. A glass window will display a smaller version of the lighted, trademarked Coca-Cola swoosh featured in the current building.

Edited by Martinman

Mason Files Mixed-Use Plans for Beltline - Globe St

"Northeast Atlanta Beltline Group, headed by Gwinnett County developer Wayne Mason, has filed conceptual plans with the city for a 73-acre mixed-use project that would comprise 1.1 million sf of residential made up of 757 multifamily units, 20,000 sf of retail and 834 parking spaces.

The development site is at North Avenue near City Hall East in northeast Atlanta along the proposed 22-mile, $2.5-billion Beltline redevelopment. Mason