Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

Andrea, is this what you are talking about?

mtowerclose.jpg

If so, that's is indeed part of the Museum Tower. It's the where the Childrens Museum is located.

If you're talking about the red wall behind the trees, that's the fence around the World of Coca-Cola property. If you're talking about anything else, you're just going to have to circle it on the photo so we know what you're asking about. I know you put an arrow on your earlier photo but it could be pointing to the fence or the children museum.

Edited by AubieTurtle

I don't know if this has been posted on UP

W hotel to open in Midtown

Atlanta's third W hotel will open in Midtown in 2007, bringing even more panache and energy to the already booming business and entertainment district.

Atlanta-based Noble Investment Group will spend $100 million to purchase the aging Sheraton Colony Square Hotel at Peachtree and 14th streets and transform it into a sleek, ultra-modern W.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what posessed me to look at the Henry Herald today, but I thought this article was interesting:

ARC to consider planning policy shift

ARC board members will soon consider a policy map that defines areas of density and high-growth in effort to determine future transportation needs.

While the approach doesn

Edited by Newnan_Eric

I think this is a really cool adaptive reuse of existing old buildings called The Brickworks

The Brickworks located at 1000 Marietta St. has transformed this area of Midtown West into an integrated live-work environment. An innovative 141,000 SF development of adaptive reuse and infill buildings with excellent spaces for retail, entertainment, showroom, and commercial uses will be ready for occupancy in August 2006.

streetlevellg6un.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know where else to post this but I know it makes Andrea very happy.

Peachtree Boulevard utilities going down under Story Group

Scotty Greene, executive director of the Buckhead Community Improvement District (CID), announced at the Neighborhood Planning Unit (NPU) B meeting this week that Georgia Power had agreed to remove its power lines from street-level poles and put them underground as part of the Peachtree Boulevard project.

Also

The Peachtree Boulevard project will have the following...

• 11,500 linear feet of new 11-foot wide sidewalks
  • 186 willow oak trees and 50,000 square feet of green space
  • 83 modern benches
  • 188 modern light posts
  • 48 newly painted crosswalks
  • bike lanes
  • enhanced transit stops
  • 6-foot-wide tree-lined median with flower plantings

rendering9ry.jpg

Edited by Martinman

Martinman, I sure am. I want all of Peachtree (and all our other big streets, for that matter) to look this way!!

Well this is a first big step and GA Power should have no excuse for not doing it in other streetscape improvement projects.

I hope the mayors Peachtree Street task force comes up with something just as good.

Well this is a first big step and GA Power should have no excuse for not doing it in other streetscape improvement projects.

I hope the mayors Peachtree Street task force comes up with something just as good.

Oh, I suspect they will, Martinman. Many of the people who make things happen in Buckhead are the same people who make them happen in downtown and Midtown. (That's how the Arts Center, the High, the Aquarium, and probably most of the buildings, etc., got built).

Edited by Andrea

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to Park Pavilion, Legacy's other retail plans near the aquarium.

A redevelopment of the street level on the Centennial Park West condos to include fast-casual restaraunts

4.jpg

Redeveloping these buildings

marietta0jv.jpg

Into a row of restaraunts

2.jpg

I'm glad to see more investment in this area. Although there are some destinations in the aquarium area, I don't think there's enough there yet to make it a totally walkable area. Legacy's projects should help out with this.

Anything slated for Ivan Allen Blvd.?

I'm glad to see more investment in this area. Although there are some destinations in the aquarium area, I don't think there's enough there yet to make it a totally walkable area. Legacy's projects should help out with this.

Anything slated for Ivan Allen Blvd.?

There's a restaurant being built across Ivan Allen from the aquarium that I hear will be really cool. I hear there are things in the works for some of the other lots on Ivan Allen including a condo building but nothing is announced yet.

Edited by Martinman

I think the restaurant Martinman mentioned is going to be developed by the owners of Compound. I believe it is going to turn into a nightclub in the evening. I'm sure they'll do a great job with it, though I'm not sure what impact it will have on Centennial Place.

As far as the rest of Ivan Allen goes, there are a couple of restaurants planned for the Southern Company building. The developers of Allen Plaza have said that they envision the two blocks along Ivan Allen Blvd to be another restaurant row. Twelve Centennial Park will have retail along Ivan Allen Blvd but I don't think they have leased any of it yet so it could end up as just about anything.

The funny thing about the aquarium is that right after it was announced, a lot of restaurants announced they were going to open at the same time as the aquarium but apparently most of them got cold feet and worried the aquarium would be a flop. Now they've encured quite the opportunity cost. But overall, I think the wait will be worth it because what's been planned instead is better than the initial plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Barry hasn't released the plans for the condos yet but from what I've been told by someone who has seen the plans, the architecture is going to be a departure from the glass boxes we've been seeing from Novare and will be "world class" Gehry type design. As long as they don't copy Gehry's terrible street treatment, I'm ok with weird looking buildings.

Barry hasn't released the plans for the condos yet but from what I've been told by someone who has seen the plans, the architecture is going to be a departure from the glass boxes we've been seeing from Novare and will be "world class" Gehry type design. As long as they don't copy Gehry's terrible street treatment, I'm ok with weird looking buildings.

Gehry designs some pretty crazy stuff. I would be extremely surprised if we saw something that looked that different from the other Allen Plaza buildings. Did your friend say when they expect to release the plans?