Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

Hm, more Buckhead development:

Coro Realty expands prime Buckhead Place

The article says Coro will tear down the existing five-story building at Peachtree and Piedmont roads and build a 16-story, 142-unit condominium tower and add 110,000 square feet of retail space.

Here's a link to the rendering that was in the paper. (Someone please let me know if I should take this down).

^ Anyone in general will want to review the ARC's listing of DRI's (developments of regional impact), there are a few other ones of interest - the 16th St condo, 55 Allen Plaza, & the Americasmart expansion.

Has anyone been able to access the the 16th St condo, which im guessing is 166 16th on the ARC's website. Everytime I have tried to click on it, it does not work.

A little update on the SC law firm thats expanding their Atlanta office. The ABC reported recently that they've narrowed the choices down to the Holder proposal on 14th street and an office proposal at Atlantic Station (17 stories). So either way it'll result in a new building.

Always good news to hear of a new building.

You know, I have seen this for several days now on Google. I should have posted on it myself. Thanks for doing so, though.

Heard that Cousins has decided to add 2 more stories to Terminus, making it 27 stories of office space, along with the 6 story tower, making it now 33 stories high, not 31.

The article in the Business Chronicle notes that Cousins is simultaneously doing the site work for the 700-800 unit condo tower it plans for this project. Sam Massell is quoted as saying there is a "strong understanding" that the residential tower is going forward at this time, although Larry Gellerstedt of Cousins says it's simply easier to do the site work at the same time they are building the office tower.

The article in the Business Chronicle notes that Cousins is simultaneously doing the site work for the 700-800 unit condo tower it plans for this project. Sam Massell is quoted as saying there is a "strong understanding" that the residential tower is going forward at this time, although Larry Gellerstedt of Cousins says it's simply easier to do the site work at the same time they are building the office tower.

I love all of the new buildings going up in Midtown and Buckhead, but it is absolutely amazing how much is actually being built in Buckhead. It's like an entire skyline being built right before our eyes.

Well, according to this article (which I am sure most of you have read), the retail portion of Atlantic Station is set to open October 20th. Rumors circulated in the article say that it may sap some of the business from the city's malls. The developers behind the retail village say this will become "Atlanta's Downtown Mall". They also say it will signify the rebirth of 'Main Street" downtonwn, only relocated.

This is certainly an exciting piece of news. Any thoughts?

They are crazy if they think that is going to happen. I personally don't think people are really going to shop there if there is bad weather and if they don't get more stores that you can't find in the malls. I am sure they are going to get a lot of traffic when it first opens. As far as "Atlanta's Downtown Mall", I would hope we could get significant retail downtown. They're are people okay with everything in retail being in Buckhead or Midtown. We don't need to make either a replacement for downtown. Though, most retail is in Buckhead, if you are going to revitalize the city, let's make sure downtown gets the same attention as Buckhead and Midtown. Some people have created an attitude against Buckhead, because of what is has that Downtown can't offer, I don't think its okay to now try to make Midtown the new Downtown.

Edited by atlla

They are crazy if they think that is going to happen. I personally don't think people are really going to shop there if there is bad weather and if they don't get more stores that you can't find in the malls. I am sure they are going to get a lot of traffic when it first opens. As far as "Atlanta's Downtown Mall", I would hope we could get significant retail downtown. They're are people okay with everything in retail being in Buckhead or Midtown. We don't need to make either a replacement for downtown. Though, most retail is in Buckhead, if you are going to revitalize the city, let's make sure downtown gets the same attention as Buckhead and Midtown. Some people have created an attitude against Buckhead, because of what is has that Downtown can't offer, I don't think its okay to now try to make Midtown the new Downtown.

It doesn't matter that it doesn't have stores that aren't in malls. It has stores that aren't anywhere esle intown which makes it more convenient than anything else available. Thats the reason intown people will shop there plus the fact that it will have more of an urban character than anything else around. An urban retail environment is highly desirable.

Not that it will overtake Lenox Mall but it will take business from the malls simply because intown residents no longer have to go the Buckhead for a pair of Levis for example.

I think it will be very sucessful but I think the people they quote overstate it a bit. They make it sound like it is the end all and be all of intown retail. Downtown and Midtown as well will certainly develop other retail nodes as the city continues to grow more dense. At that poing AS will be more of a neighborhood shopping area.

A little update on the SC law firm thats expanding their Atlanta office. The ABC reported recently that they've narrowed the choices down to the Holder proposal on 14th street and an office proposal at Atlantic Station (17 stories). So either way it'll result in a new building.

A little rendering of this Atlantic Station office building

GetImage.jpg

Also Costar Group reports that Regent plans to start construction of 3344 Peachtree as soon as they have all the permits (30-60 days).

Edited by Martinman

Some people don't like malls. I just moved from Savannah and miss being able to walk around everywhere like I could there. Atlantic station will give people like me a little piece of that and encourage other retailers to follow suit.

Other people do like the malls. I think there is a place for each of them.

This will be in Buckhead?

ptreecondo_elev400.jpg

I am completely impressed - but it is too bad it faces a 4 to 6 lane highway & a blank side of a shopping center. Nonetheless, with the redesign of Peachtree Rd & continued development - there is some hope for a walkable Lenox area of Buckhead.

Still - that is one of the sharpest condo building renderings I have ever seen for Atlanta, I love it.

This will be in Buckhead?

I am completely impressed - but it is too bad it faces a 4 to 6 lane highway & a blank side of a shopping center. Nonetheless, with the redesign of Peachtree Rd & continued development - there is some hope for a walkable Lenox area of Buckhead.

Still - that is one of the sharpest condo building renderings I have ever seen for Atlanta, I love it.

Yes, it's actually between an existing highrise condo and an older lowrise apartment and/or condo building, adn will face Peachtree. I walk that way most mornings to the Starbucks in Brookhaven and have been watching the foundation coming out of the ground. There are already several midrise condos in the area, and two other large sites which were formerly apartments are being cleared along that stretch of Peachtree now. So it will interesting to see what happens along there.

I noticed that Lenbrook Square appears to be getting ready to break ground on their 25 story tower just up the street, and it's my understanding that Pope & Land is pressing on with their two tower mixed us project at Peachtree and Peachtree Dunwoody.

Andrea - I used to work at the Brookhaven Library, I took MARTA back & forth to class at GSU & Lindbergh where I carpooled with my dad. I used to eat at the diner before it was a Waffle House but usually I depended on the old A&P for food. I worked until the Harris Teeter was finally built, so that & the McDonalds provided a welcome culinary improvement to my Brookhaven life.

Do you ever walk to the old family cemetary on Peachtree between the MARTA station & the old A&P?

Andrea - I used to work at the Brookhaven Library, I took MARTA back & forth to class at GSU & Lindbergh where I carpooled with my dad. I used to eat at the diner before it was a Waffle House but usually I depended on the old A&P for food. I worked until the Harris Teeter was finally built, so that & the McDonalds provided a welcome culinary improvement to my Brookhaven life.

Do you ever walk to the old family cemetary on Peachtree between the MARTA station & the old A&P?

Teshadoh, you certainly bring back some memories! :D

I have indeed visited that old family cememtery. The people who live in that old home behind the cemetery used to let you come in and look around, but I don't know if they do that anymore. The Pig N' Chick next door (formerly the Steak-Out) is worth a visit, too.