Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

This will be in Buckhead?

ptreecondo_elev400.jpg

I am completely impressed - but it is too bad it faces a 4 to 6 lane highway & a blank side of a shopping center. Nonetheless, with the redesign of Peachtree Rd & continued development - there is some hope for a walkable Lenox area of Buckhead.

Still - that is one of the sharpest condo building renderings I have ever seen for Atlanta, I love it.

This is the kind of infill needed in Midtown, or to close in the gaps between Midtown and Buckhead. But guys, don't forget about the condo going up on Juniper. I think its 905 Juniper. That one is also one of the best.

I like the scale and feel of this project at 3655 Peachtree. It's just north of the intersection with Peachtree Dunwoody, on the south side of the street.

Peachtree Road Condomimiums

ptreecondo_elev400.jpg

That's going in Buckhead? :huh: Frankly, it looks like something out of the 60s. And, is that supposed to be a yellow concrete facade? :sick: Personally, I think it looks too old for the area and is outdated before it's even built. The only thing I like about it is the number of stories it is. It's not like one of those 30 story condo buildings. It provides the area with a mix of buildings, which I like. Just please do something with the exterior of that thing!

Edited by Hotlanta

What?!? ;)

Ok - people have different preferences regarding architectual styles - this is one of those styles that I love, it's not 60's - but streamline modern, or some combination of deco, we're talking about 30's / 40's.

I absolutely love this building - but to explain my viewpoint, I consider the post-modern era of architecture the greatest blunder comparable to Van Halen kicking David Lee Roth out of the band.

Edited by teshadoh

...Pope & Land and Post Properties (Buckhead Millennium Associates) say they are moving ahead with their project at the corner of Peachtree and Peachtree-Dunwoody in Buckhead...

It's my understanding they'll have some renderings available shortly. The north tower will be condos only, and the south tower will still be mixed use.

Question: When did that condo building in Buckhead that looks like a silo get built?

Which building is that?

On another note, I saw where groundbreaking for Historic Westside Village is set for November 3. From what little I've seen it looks like another New Urbanist project with a lot of promise.

I also think Glenwood Park is really turning out nicely.

Edited by Andrea

Buckhead Grand is the one I'm talking about. Heading south on GA 400 from the Alpharetta/Roswell area, it looks like a silo. None of the pictures I find online are taken from that vantage point though.
Ah, yes, I remember when people used to refer to the Peachtree Plaza as "that big silo." It seems like cylinders and boxes are the architectural building blocks of a lot of what's been put up during my lifetime.

What's this I'm hearing about a new CDC campus. Where's it going to be? Any ideas about it? I saw this article and fiured it might be of some help.

CDC hopes new site will allow more research, boost morale (Dallas Morning News-Nation section)

$1.5 billion is quite a lot of money. Let's hope it's worth it :)

This sounds exciting for Midtown!

Prime Midtown Site to Get New Owner

"By the end of the year, Midtown Heights is expected to have a new owner and a new set of plans for some 5 acres positioned just across the 17th Street bridge from Atlantic Station.

Clark Gore, vice chairman of Holder Properties Inc., said he does not have an interest in the property but does believe it's a prime location for a residential developer. 'I'd guess it's going to be high-rise residential with one to two floors of retail,' Gore said."

By the way if y'all haven't seen it, here's a rendering of the 14th Street bridge from the DOT's website. I understand it may have gone through some additional iterations as a result of neighborhood input.

14th Street Bridge

Edited by Andrea

What's this I'm hearing about a new CDC campus. Where's it going to be? Any ideas about it? I saw this article and fiured it might be of some help.

IC, I think the buildings are being built at CDC's current campuses at Emory and in Chamblee. I've seen big improvements in place at both locations.

The 16th St. project has passed its final ARC review and has been approved by the city. It will be located at Fowler and 16th in Atlantic Station. It will include an 8 story parking deck (3 retail) and 22 stories of residential space. It is set to be completed by 2008. It is being developed by the Wood Partners. The project should be underway soon if they want to reach their 2008 deadline!

The 16th St. project has passed its final ARC review and has been approved by the city. It will be located at Fowler and 16th in Atlantic Station. It will include an 8 story parking deck (3 retail) and 22 stories of residential space. It is set to be completed by 2008. It is being developed by the Wood Partners. The project should be underway soon if they want to reach their 2008 deadline!

I have an NPU meeting this Wed. and will ask the Home Park rep (AS technically falls within Home Park...at least for now) for an update on this building.

The AJC reported that ground was broken yesterday on Twelve CP. The project will be done in one phase with completion in July of 07. The two towers will be 39 stories with the hotel in the middle listed as 16 stories. This project will add a lot to downtown!!!

I saw that too. I'm glad that it will be built all at once but I thought it was 37 stories.

Amazing that these four blocks are being developed almost simultaneously. Now if they can just find a major tenant for 50 Allen.

Edited by Martinman