Metro Atlanta Projects.

derrickskugler

Way to go GSU! I only have one complaint. Did they have to leave the parking decks exposed like that on that one side. That's my street! Oh well, I'm still excited.

I have been waiting and waiting for this to happen. It's been exciting walking by the site, from demo to site prep to the large walls being built now that will seperate the parking decks from the upper courtyard and gardens. I also love that they have left more room for street level retail than the North Ave towers.

At least they were creatively incorportated into it and not in some tower beside the building.

I just love the design of those dorms. Love 'em! :wub:

I don't have too big a problem myself with seeing a little parking deck showing on a building. Of course, I have always been something of a people watcher.

Supposedly there is a 40 story condo tower proposed for the Rooms to Go site at Peachtree and Piedmont. That's across the street from the Terminus project. I read somewhere that I.M. Pei had been hired to design it, but it may be just talk.

Oh, thanks. I thought it was a tower that would have furniture showrooms and things of that nature.

It's UGA-33,000

GA Stat-21,000(?)

KSU-18,000 (?)

GA Tech- 17,000 (?)

I'm guessing here, but that is the order of the four biggest, I do know that.

I found that Georgia State had an enollment in 2003 of 28,042. I have found all kinds of numbers. I think it is very close to 30,000.

Edited by ATLman1

Lane to begin $24 million apartment at Midtown site Atlanta Business Chronicle

Lane Co. is putting another $24 million into Atlantic Station, part of $219 million worth of projects the company expects to begin in metro Atlanta in 2006.

Lane plans to begin construction in the first quarter on Metro, a 172-unit mid-rise apartment complex across from IKEA at Atlantic Station, said Roderick Teachey, development manager for Lane.

The article also mentions that Lane will start part of the Ponce Park development as welll as the Lindmont apartments redevelopment next year.

Edited by Martinman

I thought UGA was closer to 40k?

Nah, it's nowhere near that big. Only your biggest of the big like Ohio State (which, including grad students has over 50k) are that big right now.

Here's a list of the largest universities in the US by total enrollment

1. Arizona State- 51,712

2. University of Minnesota Twin Cities- 51,175

3. Ohio State University- 50,504

4. University of Florida- 49,650

5. University of Texas at Austin- 49,333

---University of Georgia (including those at the Gwinnett and Tifton Centers)- 33,405

Top 5 are figures from 2005. UGA's figures are from 2004

Edited by ironchapman

Nah, it's nowhere near that big. Only your biggest of the big like Ohio State (which, including grad students has over 50k) are that big right now.

It's my understanding that UGA's target enrollment is 32,500 and that they're thus somewhat larger than they'd like to be right now. I think the Board of Regents and the officials at UGA decided some years ago to follow the model under which the flagship State U. is held steady or downsized, followed by increased graduate enrollment and substantially tighter undergraduate admission standards. More undergraduate applicants are then shunted to other universities in the system. Back in my day, just about anybody who grew up in Georgia could go to UGA. Nowadays I'm not sure I could even get in at Athens, and I'd probably wind up being sent to Kennesaw or Southern or one of the other schools.

I noticed that when you go to this site...

http://dewberrycapital.com/Web/2PPOffice.asp

...and click to enlarge it, you can see that the little building in the bottom right of the screne is a new marta station entrance. I have looked through marta's site and came up dry. Please post if you know anything about this 'new' station.

Here is marta's site

http://itsmarta.com/newsroom/planstudy.htm

A station in UpperMidotwn makes so much sence. What would they call it? What's your guess or pick?

-UpperMidtown

-MINO (Midtown North)

-NOMI

-The Peachtree Curve

-Ansley

-West Ansley

-Peachtree Point

-

-

-

Edited by UrbanAtl

That was news sometime earlier this year or last year - I think the proposed MARTA station would be called Peachtree Point. But no- I think it was roundly decided it would cost too much to build & would cause too many delays to current service.

I too would like additional MARTA stations, particularly on the E-W line where stations are over 1 to 2 miles between each other.

Hopefully Midtown Point is still on a long term list for marta to drop in on the norht line. Granted it will be difficult to build and keep trains on time and safe; but one day it will make sence to go throug the hassel. I agree that the east 7 west lines need more stations. I mean! The west line with so few. Might as well go ahead and build the Procotor Creek station.

Youuuu Bet ya! I keep waiting for them to drop it in anyday now. My favorite above-ground station is KingM. I just love the LegoLand holes and what a view!

I still have to say P'tree Center is still my favorite. Do you think they have ever heard of dusting. You can hardly see the rock anymore.

Maybe "What MARTA station is your favorite?" would be a good pole.

Edited by UrbanAtl