Vue Orlando and...Charlotte?

bic

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, noticed the Charlotte one yesterday. It looks pretty good. A couple of months ago Churchill mentioned they were searching in Charlotte and Jacksonville for potential projects. I like the stuff they're putting up in Orlando and Charlotte, so I can't wait to see, if they found something in Jacksonville.

Who is the architectural firm for both Vue's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forum Studios is the project architect for both projects. Interestingly enough, the rendering for the Charlotte Vue on their website is completely different from what we see here. It looks very similar to Orlando's, but with twin towers.

Turner Construction will manage construction for both projects as well.

Forum Studios is the project architect for both projects.  Interestingly enough, the rendering for the Charlotte Vue on their website is completely different from what we see here.  It looks very similar to Orlando's, but with twin towers. 

Turner Construction will manage construction for both projects as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks I couldnt remember who designed it, Your right that rendering shows two towers like the one we are getting in Orlando and not the rendering that is on VueCharlotte.com.

Does anyone know whether the Vue had the ground breaking ceremony that was supposed to occur earlier this week.  Their website say nothing about it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard one of the WKMG anchors saying last night that he was at the ground breaking earlier in the evening. It was a "turn over a shovel a dirt" affair. The shovel was painted gold.

I heard one of the WKMG anchors saying last night that he was at the ground breaking earlier in the evening.  It was a "turn over a shovel a dirt" affair.  The shovel was painted gold.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks.... I am so friggin excited, the Vue is going to add so much to O-Towns skyline.... their has always been a big gap between dowtown and uptown and the Vue will help bridge the gap.

• 1 month later...

Thanks....  I am so friggin excited, the Vue is going to add so much to O-Towns skyline.... their has always been a big gap between dowtown and uptown and the Vue will help bridge the gap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Vue looks like 70's box construction. They are just putting a great big box on Lake Eola. I never realized you could put that many units on one floor. It doesn't even look modern. The only thing they got right was the pool location. They can do a lot better.

'Relections of The Vue' hits $1M goal

The developers of The Vue at Lake Eola -- a 35-story, 384-unit condo project now under way overlooking Lake Eola -- reached their goal of donating $1 million to Central Florida charities through their "Reflections of The Vue" event last weekend.

The funds were raised via the sale of 10,000 raffle tickets for $100 each. With more than 8,000 in attendance at the event, the winner of the drawing -- Jimmy Roth of Louisville, Ky. -- received a $400,000 luxury condo unit in the project.

A number of local charities scored big with the event, including Florida Hospital, which raised $130,000, and the Orlando Science Center, $50,000.

"This event has been an incredible opportunity for our supporters to raise money for the Orlando Science Center and help us bring the wonder of science to children throughout Central Florida," says Heidi Pinchal, the Orlando Science Center's vice president responsible for fund raising, in a prepared statement. "These funds will sustain programs that provide vital science education, but more importantly, they will ignite the spark of discovery in children of all ages and backgrounds in our community."

The money is even helping some charities keep their doors open. For example, the Yellow Umbrella Group was having major financial difficulty prior to getting involved in 'Reflections of The Vue," but the $22,000 raised through the event will help it continue to operate.

The Vue is slated for completion in 2006.

Archived