Getting the word out...

DaveRPI

I emailed Dave Brussat, an editor at ProJo who frequently discusses the Architecture, History, and Development of Greater Providence in his articles, and told him he should come check out the urban planet - Providence section. :thumbsup:

email log b/w Dave Brussat and I...

"have you seen... http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showforum=141 ...this is the heartbeat of providence's development." - Me

"Long list of stuff with vague names: what should I be looking for?"- DB

"did you see the forum discussions? if you want a sample of how it got started look at the providence projects 2.0 forum link... 'Cotuit' has kept track of every bit of development news over the past 2-3 years and its been updated and included there... there are lots of interesting people and interesting viewpoints about planning, architecture, economics, and design. In the past 2 weeks the people have been clamoring for a way to make all these views [on how the people support the development and prosperity of Prov.] known to the greater public and see if there is something noteworthy here... some views are from industry professionals, some are from student of the fields discussed, some are just citizen-novices giving great ideas of what the people of greater providence want and need, etc. in my case, i went to college to be an architect, changed it to a minor and went and got a business degree... so i love every aspect of there discussions...

if the link i sent did not work then google the words 'urban planet'

pull up the website, then on the left side table click on north atlantic seaboard, new england, then providence...

... a lot of people started to look at ArtinRuins on the web and were turned away during the sites reconstruction, but what happened was everyone started going to the forum and seeing the projects they were looking up, but were able to speak with others about them...

write back if you have any difficulty getting there, but trust me... its the most complete and viewed website about the future development of Providence as far as i know right now..."- ME

>>Post DB's articles for discussion or maybe some other related discussions here...

maybe this'll work :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I've been conversing with him throughout the day. He said he was having some viewing and "reply" problems at his computer, but he would be figuring it out this weekend at his home computer and would be joining in the discussions asap... should be interesting, maybe he'll mention the forum discussions in his columns... :thumbsup: Have a good weekend everyone!

Intersting... I usually dont agree with Mr Brussart's views and ideas on how to keep the city "classical", but that should make the forum even livlier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've email DB quite often and he always replies, unless many over at projo. Using the journals archives, I got as many of his past articles about development projects downtown as I could. My other favorite over at projo is Gregory Smith, who covers downcity.

Intersting... I usually dont agree with Mr Brussart's views and ideas on how to keep the city "classical", but that should make the forum even livlier.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

His columns usually make me scream. Sometimes they are good screams, quite often not. :whistling:

Archived