MidTowne Village

daniel nudnik

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we had a formal ground breaking on the Women's Health Center today. (This is a section of the development we sold in February).

Also, the building on Michgan Street - Building D- started about 1 month ago. We did not do our own show as we will rather wait for the ribbon cutting. We have it about 30% leased right now. This one is scheduled to open in January if the construction gods are cooperative.

Also, we closed the deal with Kegel Construction et al on the residential piece yesterday. I think thay are already markeitng the Condo's.

Hopefully over the next months there will be steel in the air on all 3 of the buldings.

-DJL

Great news! I for one am happy to see this project finally get started after all the hurdles you had to get through (buying an entire neighborhood).

As an added bonus, my parents live in the hill and would get constantly their utilities turned off about because the utility companies didn't know the difference between Paris NE and Paris SE (and obviously the person with the same address on the NE section had a bit of a problem paying for cable). :D

Joe

Yes, we had a formal ground breaking on the Women's Health Center today. (This is a section of the development we sold in February).

Also, the building on Michgan Street - Building D- started about 1 month ago. We did not do our own show as we will rather wait for the ribbon cutting. We have it about 30% leased right now. This one is scheduled to open in January if the construction gods are cooperative.

Also, we closed the deal with Kegel Construction et al on the residential piece yesterday. I think thay are already markeitng the Condo's.

Hopefully over the next months there will be steel in the air on all 3 of the buldings.

-DJL

• 2 months later...

I drove by not too long ago and noticed steel going up on the first building :)

Park Row is selling quickly, we are looking to be completed by next spring! Surprizingly, nearly half of the folks interested in moving in are from nearby neighorhoods Midtown, Easttown and Heritage Hill. We also are getting a lot of calls from people moving to GR from out of town and out of state. Three people from Cleavland have made called, strange, but great.

We've added new elevation drawings to our web site if you are are interested.

Looks good! I hope this development hopes a renovation frenzy on Michigan proper. The storefronts that are left could use a little TLC.

Joe

P.S. I'm not surprised by interest from Cleveland, being such a big Medical town. Hopefully that means we're snatching talent from the Cleveland Clinic. :thumbsup:

Park Row is selling quickly, we are looking to be completed by next spring! Surprizingly, nearly half of the folks interested in moving in are from nearby neighorhoods Midtown, Easttown and Heritage Hill. We also are getting a lot of calls from people moving to GR from out of town and out of state. Three people from Cleavland have made called, strange, but great.

Have you actually started construction yet, or is the foundation going in at the Southwest corner for a new medical office (Bldg D)?

Park Row is selling quickly, we are looking to be completed by next spring! Surprizingly, nearly half of the folks interested in moving in are from nearby neighorhoods Midtown, Easttown and Heritage Hill.

Not too. If you've been putting up with living in an older building (insulation, plumbing, windows, floor plan) but you like the 'hood and location, this could be a nice option. And the beautiful painted lady "cottages" are still there to go look at.

We also are getting a lot of calls from people moving to GR from out of town and out of state. Three people from Cleveland have called, strange, but great.

That means your search engine exposure is working!

GRDad,

The foundation (and now steel) belongs to Building D. Park Row will be built on the east side of Union Street but the sales office (and weekend home of Park Row Joe) is near Building D for ease of access & visibility.

Downtown Joe, we agree that getting the folks along Michigan to upgrade their buildings would be very positive. We just can't force them to do it. They guys who are trying to buy the city building on the corner of Mich. & Benson told us that they control most of the space between Union and Benson so maybe that wil start going soon too.

-DJL

I believe that these homes will be torn down within the next few days to make way for the construction of the proposed Womens Health Center building.

Really? So this plan is not current?

http://www.midtownevillage.com/Location.html

The houses are across the street from that flat-roofed L-shaped industrial building on the east edge of this photo.

Really? So this plan is not current?

http://www.midtownevillage.com/Location.html

The houses are across the street from that flat-roofed L-shaped industrial building on the east edge of this photo.

My understanding is that there will now be access to Benson from the parking ramp for the Women's Health Center through the area where those 5 or so homes currently stand. I am not real close to the situation but I do not believe that the Womens Health Center is actually being project managed by the same parties as the townhomes or the other office/retail buildings at the Midtowne Site. So the site map might not be as up to speed. Maybe DJL3CDP can enlighten us?

Our web site is not up to date we hope to get it updated soon (sorry).

The last 4 houses on the west side of Benson are where the Women's Health Center is going to put their parking ramp. This was already approved by the City. But GR Dad is correct, we master developed the site and sold off two parts of it (see below). We are building (with Pioneer Construction) the 30,000 sqft building on Michigan Street between Paris and Dudley. As for the size of the crane...I have no clue how they size those but if you saw it on Plymouth I need to put a banner on it!

We sold the residential portion to the Park Row Condo's people and the Women's Health Center site (building B for those tracking via our web site) was sold to the Dr's who are building the building with Pinnacle Construction. We still own the sites for Building A & C and we own the land on the east side of Union at Michigan (where the lock shop is).

Hope this helps!

-DJL

• 2 months later...

Momentum on the first building. Built out to the street, and with the front facing the street. Who knew you could do that!

298264747_d9def488fa_b.jpg

Backside

298264748_b4be01593c_b.jpg

Very interesting arches

298264751_6b9bb68133.jpg

Overall, a B+/A-

And the Women's Health Center excavation has begun at the back of the site, but it's difficult to get any kind of angle.

Archived