Nashville City Center 2 ?

doormanpoet

According to Richard Fletcher of the NCC partnership, the 40 story phase two will never be built for the following reasons.

They cannot have a 25,000 square foot foorprint because of the lot and that square footage is a condition companies have now.

The buildings would be 19 years apart if built today and the age of the concrete on the existing building would not match.

No one wants to be in a phase 2 of a building that is that many years apart.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about NCC2 this morning and how cool it would have been. I don't see the site being developed as an office tower, but some nice slick residential highrise or hotel in the future would suit me fine...and it wouldn't have to match. As Church Street develops, I think it would be a great place for mixed use.

i would have also like to have seen ncc2, but this has been a lost cause since its ressurection. if i remember correctly this has been proposed twice now, both ending in a no go. i would live to see a residential high rise here too. something modern, and 30 or more stories tall.

hey, we can all dream... lol

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard that one problem is the fact the existing building on the corner of 6th and church where Subway is may have to come down if built. If you notice, on the side of the building facing NCC1, the steel beams of the building are exposed. The entire block was to have been demolished when NCC1 was built and they stopped when NCC2 became unfeasible.

• 6 years later...

William's blog onthe post has an interesting article on NCC.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2011/11/17/office_space_still_in_mix_for_planned_parking_garage

Who knows what may happen now. Their website states their could possibly be office space on top of the new garage. I think everything is very preliminary right now and who knows who is looking for space in Nashville right now

Archived