Welcome

monsoon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe instead of Greenville, this should be the GSA section. Greenville Spartanburg, Anderson, that way people will fill comfortable about talking about those cities as well as Greer, Easly, Powdersville, SImpsonville, Woodruff, ENoree, Laurens, Fountain Inn, Mauldin, Traveler's Rest, Duncan, Landrum, Inman, Wellford, Clemson, Pickens, Pendleton, Central, Seneca, and Chesnee all in one place.

I am going to work on moving threads into the Greenville and Columbia sections. It will just take some time as there are alot of pages to go through.

For the time being I want it to be only Greenville in this section. Obviuosly the immediately surrounding area is fine too (Mauldin, Simpsonville, etc). I don't want the entrie GSA/Upstate area to be here because that will return us to the Upstate-Midlands-Lowcountry setup we had before, which did not work well.

Maybe instead of Greenville, this should be the GSA section.  Greenville Spartanburg, Anderson, that way people will fill comfortable about talking about those cities as well as Greer, Easly, Powdersville, SImpsonville, Woodruff, ENoree, Laurens, Fountain Inn, Mauldin, Traveler's Rest, Duncan, Landrum, Inman, Wellford, Clemson, Pickens, Pendleton, Central, Seneca, and Chesnee all in one place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree with Brad. It should be GSA as we are one area. Business and development look at us as one. We share the same TV market, the same airport, we have the news journal GSA business. Greenville, Spartanburg and Anderson counties touch. GV downtown is as close to Spartanburg County as downtown Columbia is to Lexington county. The government may no longer consider us one metro because of commuter patterns, but business does, and for all purposes we are.

We need a description for the section.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do need a description for this section. This is the phrase that is just under the name "Greenville." I have no idea what that could be though.

Columbia's is on of our State Mottos: Animis Opibusque Parati

I am not completely against having a Greenville/Spartanburg or Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson title. If enough of you are infavor of this I can have that title changed.

If this change is made then the description would obviously need to reflect that instead of just Greenville.

I to agree with Brad. Most everyone lumps the GSA area together anyway ,I believe that if this post is just for Greenville we will miss out on whats happening to our neighbors.I also believe that it will cause confusion amungst the forum.

I to agree with Brad. Most everyone lumps the GSA area together anyway ,I believe that if this post is just for Greenville we will miss out on whats happening to our neighbors.I also believe that it will cause confusion amungst the forum.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont lump Greenville with Anderson and Spartanburg. Both Spartanburg and Anderson have their own identities and if they want, let them have their own board. Greenville needs its own because it is growing so much faster than the other two.

Archived