Mobile Developments

Southron

Does any one know when will they start builing on the proposed new Federal Court House bldg ?I have seen a pic of it 3 yrs ago and the architecture was stunning and had a futuristic look to it ,as in 40 yrs ahead of its time .

Due to the federal budget, most new courthouses across the country have been put on hold. I wouldn't expect to see anything done during the current administration.

This was in Kathy Jumper's column on development news in Mobile this past sunday.

Former Alabama state Sen. Ann Bedsole's company bought a 10,000-square-foot building at 709 Dauphin St. for $550,000, and the circa 1866 carriage house will be renovated into eight condominium units, according to Todd Drummond of Southland Capital Realty . Bedsole's firm, White-Smith Land Co., M.R. Kopf Contrac tors and Southland have partnered to build the condo units and several new townhomes on an adjacent lot, according to Drummond. Metcalfe & Co. worked for the seller. Ferrell Anders of Anders, Boyett & Brady handled the closing transaction.

• 2 weeks later...

ohhh ok , another huge condo development ,Mardi gras themed park i'm eager to see how this is going to shape up . On Gov St There is a condo development that can easily be unnoticed , but it looks like Brown stones ,the type of apartment housing in NYC it's located between the Taco Bell area and the mansion that line the street on the right side going west bound . Does anyone know the name of these brown stones well if thats what they are

Edited by PortofBama

ohhh ok , another huge condo development ,Mardi gras themed park i'm eager to see how this is going to shape up . On Gov St There is a condo development that can easily be unnoticed , but it looks like Brown stones ,the type of apartment housing in NYC it's located between the Taco Bell area and the mansion that line the street on the right side going west bound . Does anyone know the name of these brown stones well if thats what they are

They are alright. I'm not a fan of the McMansion architecture and I don't think it was efficient use of the property.

Personally I would have wrapped a much larger building around the tree and pulled it closer to the street to match the surrounding street scape.

There is also a office building for sale adjacent to the Taco Bell with an iron gate. That is a perfect location and building for a condo conversion.

Good news for Alabama's Gulf Coast andt the state of Alabama : The developement site for the 75 k seat Motorsports park arena will be announced by the end of this month !!! Just about every one who lives on that coastal region supports this good news for the State of Alabama .

Edited by PortofBama

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

german company considering unspecified mobile area site for giant steel factory.

"This is the largest non-government project we know of in the United States," said Neal Wade, director of the Alabama Development Office.

wow - that's big. the two states left in competition for the plant are AL and LA.

the bham news article:

http://www.al.com/news/birminghamnews/inde....xml&coll=2

the mobile press-register article:

http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/inde....xml&coll=3