58 members have voted

1. 1. Are you male or female ?

• male
    • female

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Most forum sites are male dominated.  I don't know why this is.  It's not like I got to sites with primarily male discussion topics.  The ladies just don't seem to go online.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's something about computers in general that seems rather misogynistic, I think.

Especially interesting that in most urban areas, women outnumber men (thus the whole premise for such shows as Sex and the City and Bridgette Jones).

Of course the two statements above can be tied together by pointing out that in the SF Bay Area, men outnumber women - a total anomaly for such a vast urban area. But that is most likely because it's "Silicon Valley", and geeks are predominantly male...

Hmmm...

MM

• 5 weeks later...

I'm female, too. One of 4, which is kind of sad. I think most women see a site like this and run away from all testosterone. On the opposite end, I hang out on the Makeupalley Cafe board, too. It's all women with a few guys here and there. But with a name like Makeupalley, I can see why there aren't more men! The Cafe board is cool though so you guys should stop by there....

Archived