Virginia Beach Development

vdogg

My goodness, you guys are giving me a headache today j/k :lol: . This is not a city vs. city thread, this is the Va. Beach development thread. While it hasn't gotten out of control yet please try to steer back towards the topic at hand. While i'm at it i have noticed several times today where civility has been lacking. Please make an effort to treat eachother with some measure of respect while using this site. Remember guys, its just a message board. :thumbsup:

My goodness, you guys are giving me a headache today j/k  :lol: . This is not a city vs. city thread, this is the Va. Beach development thread. While it hasn't gotten out of control yet please try to steer back towards the topic at hand. While i'm at it i have noticed several times today where civility has been lacking. Please make an effort to treat eachother with some measure of respect while using this site. Remember guys, its just a message board.  :thumbsup: 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didnt think there was any lose of civilty. I was enjoying the conversation. We were just both trying to get our points across. I never saw it as an arguement or a city vs. city fight.

I didnt think there was any lose of civilty.  I was enjoying the conversation.  We were just both trying to get our points across.  I never saw it as an arguement or a city vs. city fight.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, i had to delete a few comments today from this thread and some others that you probably didn't get a chance to see. At any rate my comment about city vs. city is geared more towards keeping this particular thread on topic than it was towards my comments about civility. View the civility comment in a more general light.

Sorry, i had to delete a few comments today from this thread and some others that you probably didn't get a chance to see. At any rate my comment about city vs. city is geared more towards keeping this particular thread on topic than it was towards my comments about civility. View the civility comment in a more general light.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are very passionate people here. So don't take us wrong. We just desire alot from this area.

Now, dont get me wrong people, i like what Va. Beach is doing. i was down at TC this past weekend. its a cool area and great addition to the beach. i was just making a point that the 2 "downtowns" arent going to be compareable. and if so, at any point, it will prob. not be in our lifetimes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I think people need to realize too. Even if Norfolk were to stop building, it would take Va beach at least 20 years to think about catching up with Norfolk. When the westin is completed, downtown va beach will have 4 "high-rise" buildings (high-rise meaning 11+ stories to include Columbus center). Norfolk has at least 14 buildings in the downtown area with 11 stories, and when Norfolk's buildings are complete (Hilton, Trader, Harbor Heights, Granby) there will be even more. Norfolk's buildings under construction or about to be built are more than all of town center's buildings combined. I don't see how va beach can think about rivaling Norfolk.

We are very passionate people here. So don't take us wrong. We just desire alot from this area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good. Well now that we're all happy (i think :blink: ) let me turn to the topic at hand and say that overall, i don't think anyone is saying Va. Beach can truly compete with Norfolk. It's kinda of hard to beat a 400 year head start. When i personally make comparisons to Norfolk, it's usually in reference to height (which Va. Beach can compete

with if we get rid of that ridiculous height limit :angry: ) and building boom. If you look at the building boom currently going on, Va. Beach has roughly the same # of highrises proposed or under construction ( oceanfront Hilton 21 stories, 3 Ocean beachclub condo towers 19 to 20 stories, marriot 16 stories, Westin 37 stories). I know that most of these are not at TC but all but one of them is over 20 stories in height and should be counted IMO.

Well it looks like the Westin is still on track and in preparation for the start of construction i will be making a Towncenter thread by the end of the week. I have a feeling we're really gonna drive up the post count with this project :lol: . Here's a copy of an email i just received:

Hello again,

Thank you for your continued interest in The Residences at Town Center, Virginia Beach. Our proposed launch of sales is still on schedule, and we are very excited with the progress that has been made to date. We will begin to post floor plans to the website over the next 30 days.

In order to be eligible to reserve your Town Center residence during the "Priority Reservation" period, you will need to be pre-qualified by Advance Mortgage, or our preferred lender. This does not prohibit you from using the lender of your choice at the time of purchase. David Katz of Advanced Mortgage will be contacting you soon to confirm your interest in moving to the Priority List at this time.

Please note that your position on the "Priority List" will be primarily, though not completely, determined by the order in which you complete your pre-qualification.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Residences, we will be in touch.

Kealy Osborough

Online Consultant

Rose and Womble New Homes

5857 Harbour View Boulevard, Suite 200

Suffolk, Va 23435-9005

Phone: (757) 935-9010

Fax: (757) 935-9011

Email: [email protected]

:)

I also watched the resolution to Constitution Extendend and it seems they decided not to do either option A or F. I believe this means Constitution will be extended over to Bonney but no further at this time. I am not sure when this is to happen but I would think with Cityview being built it would be soon. Also, I noted that officials are activately discussing the property which currently has the Barnes and Noble, Planet Music and Bed, Bath and Beyond for 'more intense use' in the future. Things that make ya go hmmmmm. :whistling:

i know your joking but i don't think any of us could afford to live in there. Not until we finish college anyways, most of us work a full time job and try to go to college.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am I the only one who is finished w/school and working full time?

I'm actually trying to get into a condo or townhouse in one of those new developments in norfolk. prob the one in ghent(where the old mary jane was).

I also watched the resolution to Constitution Extendend and it seems they decided not to do either option A or F. I believe this means Constitution will be extended over to Bonney but no further at this time. I am not sure when this is to happen but I would think with Cityview being built it would be soon. Also, I noted that officials are activately discussing the property which currently has the Barnes and Noble, Planet Music and Bed, Bath and Beyond for 'more intense use' in the future. Things that make ya go hmmmmm.  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city shot all of the alternates down

I also watched the resolution to Constitution Extendend and it seems they decided not to do either option A or F. I believe this means Constitution will be extended over to Bonney but no further at this time. I am not sure when this is to happen but I would think with Cityview being built it would be soon. Also, I noted that officials are activately discussing the property which currently has the Barnes and Noble, Planet Music and Bed, Bath and Beyond for 'more intense use' in the future. Things that make ya go hmmmmm.  :whistling:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what site did you go to to see all of this?

Do you think the 7 cities or 3 cities(Norf, VA Beach, P-town) or 2 cities (Hpt,NN),(Suffolk and Chesapeake appears to me that they do not want to play in our skyline game that's why i said 2 and 3 cities) will have the potential to connect each of their downtowns, mid-towns, up-towns or what ever-towns as did the boroughs of NY has over the pass century to make up one huge skyline, it may take some time but it is possible.

Do you think the 7 cities or 3 cities(Norf, VA Beach, P-town) or 2 cities (Hpt,NN),(Suffolk and Chesapeake appears to me that they do not want to play in our skyline game that's why i said 2 and 3 cities) will have the potential to connect each of their downtowns, mid-towns, up-towns or what ever-towns as did the boroughs of NY has over the pass century to make up one huge skyline, it may take some time but it is possible.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anything is possible, will it happen? probably not, but we can hope right. :silly:

Am I the only one who is finished w/school and working full time?

I'm actually trying to get into a condo or townhouse in one of those new developments in norfolk. prob the one in ghent(where the old mary jane was).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work at Verizon and i am going to school to be an electrical engineer. I make good money as a Network Tech at the Fiber Solution Center in Hampton.