Virginia Beach Development

vdogg

Potentially something along the lines of Cinebistro or Lucky Strike Lanes?

They wouldn't disclose just yet, but I'll keep digging!

Monarch Bank is moving down VB Boulevard and setting up shop in Town Center. Looks like you may have an answer as far as what's going in next to Dick's.

http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/monarch-bank-announces-banking-footprint-enhancements-20140825-00590

I figured it out. Went on the city's permit site and they're putting a USI office in next to Dick's. CHKD is also putting in an office in Town Center over towards Union Bank/the old Alltel/Verizon space.

https://citizenaccess.vbgov.com/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=Permits&TabName=Permits&capID1=14PER&capID2=00000&capID3=00HOB&agencyCode=CVB&IsToShowInspection=

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but now with this Virginian-Pilot article about Mayor Sessoms possibly offering sweetheart deals to developers, I wonder how this impacts the future of the city. The LRT, the arena, Town Center expansion. The Pilot today said he's been forced to take a leave of absence from Towne Bank, so I'm wondering if resignation from his office is next.

Just a curious thought.

• 5 months later...

I went running down at the beach on Sunday, and came across a random new building off 36th street (3612 Atlantic Ave). I did some research and it's a new office building for a hotel group called Coastal Hospitality Associates. It has a modern feel to it and is a nice infill development that complements everything that's popping up towards that end. Hopefully the Hyatt hotels stay true to their renderings and the new Marriott is a glass hotel. post-26475-0-20230200-1429676134_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

http://hamptonroads.com/2015/07/armada-hoffler-buys-property-near-proposed-virginia-beach-lightrail-route

VIRGINIA BEACH

Aramada Hoffler has purchased the Columbus Village shopping plaza, giving the developer a prime piece of property adjacent to the city’s proposed site for a new light-rail transfer station.

The developer of Town Center said in a news release that it acquired the company for $8.8 million in debt and other considerations. Columbus Village, on the corner of Virginia Beach Boulevard and Constitution Drive, houses Barnes & Noble, Five Below, Lenscrafters and other national retailers.

• Like 1

Good spot. I'd love to see the next tower(s) incorporate a B&N and Bed Bath Beyond onto the ground floor. I'd also like to see an expansion of TC onto the lot where K-Mart is...bring that side of VB Blvd. into the mix and work your way over to the Pembroke Office Park. Everything seems so isolated now.

It will be interesting to see if Armada Hoffler will make significant changes to these properties. I think the Regal site will definitely be redeveloped especially if another tower goes up. Hopefully a larger cinema will be included in it.

I was kinda hoping someone else would develop the land to mix up the styles a bit. Would give us a more organic downtown instead of one owned by a single entity. It's better than nothing though and certainly better than Michael Sifen owning that land.

• Like 1

I was kinda hoping someone else would develop the land to mix up the styles a bit. Would give us a more organic downtown instead of one owned by a single entity. It's better than nothing though and certainly better than Michael Sifen owning that land.

Agreed 100%.

I'm glad to see that a developer who is obviously willing to go dense and go up purchased the land, however a little diversity would do a lot to ease the "shopping mall" feel that Town Center can have.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...