Virginia Beach Development

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, urbanvb said:

The old Kmart on Constitution is beginning to come done. If memory serves me correctly the new owner was interested in a mixed use development  so hopefully this should be interesting. 

There was a preliminary concept plan last year titled "Floor & Decor Development", which I suspect is the name of the store that will at least partially occupy the space. 

https://www.flooranddecor.com/

I believe what you are thinking about is the article about the Buffalo Wild Wing opening and the landlord there speculating (the Pilot should not have printed that IMO). 

https://pilotonline.com/business/consumer/virginia-beach-is-getting-a-buffalo-wild-wings-near-town/article_c259a187-3d29-59bd-aff9-d7a65cf151f2.html

The Kmart shopping center is owned by B V Associates out of Greensboro, NC, since 1985. 

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Up2313 said:

Lol that's so Virginia Beach, developer says that he's interested in mixed use. Then allows in a flooring store. 

I can't see a flooring store doing well there, when you factor in the potential rent. 

Except the landlord never said anything about redevelopment. 

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, that looks really bad. It looks like a generic office park building that is pretending to be historical.  What is even more laughable is the article about the City government complex becoming a new town center hub because it could include a string of generic apartment buildings in one spot. A handful of apartments and a bunch of generic city government buildings will not make that area a hub of anything beyond a government office park.

• Like 2

Another data center is coming to VB. ACA International is moving it's headquartere from Northern NA to the Beach and has plans for future cables landing in VB.

https://pilotonline.com/inside-business/news/technology/article_927f61f8-432f-11e8-ad33-b7ae57b67412.html

Maybe it's time to start a data center's thread?

Edited by Urbanlooker

• 2 weeks later...

CBN/Regent have a couple projects in the works.

First up is a proposal to build apartments at Indian River/Centerville:  C09-007483-PM Founders Village Subdivision.  As part of the Founders Inn parcel, it is zoned H-1 and will require rezoning.

Second is an Athletic Center for Regent:  Record 2018-DSC-007055.  It will be located just north of the Jake Sears/Centerville intersection.  Pilot mentioned it last year:  Regent University has a burgeoning athletic program. Who knew?

Last night, I saw a player from my old high school (Indian River) signed to play basketball with Regent. I was a bit confused, because I didn’t know they had any sports, not even intramurals. This explains everything. 

1 hour ago, NFKjeff said:

There was an article in today’s Pilot-online about this.  ACA is moving it’s HQ to Virginia Beach and building a new cable landing center for a proposed third underwater high speed data cable  The first two cables are connecting to Spain, and Brazil, and this one will connect to South Africa.

I believe this is the article you mentioned.

https://pilotonline.com/business/jobs/article_93a858aa-52cf-11e8-b6a2-23442a91b231.html

12 hours ago, urbanvb said:

This first article stated the data center will create 30 jobs but the 2nd one says the company could bring 200 jobs here.

So I think the 200 is the total number where as the 30 refers to the number of jobs they are adding with the expansion/new data center.