Jump to content

Virginia Beach Development


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, vdogg said:

https://pilotonline.com/news/local/article_be3fb422-fcc1-11e8-bcc1-a71cf1596af8.html

 I can’t believe that we’re going through this again. I. Just. Can’t. Believe.. It...  The on again off again convention center hotel is, surprise, on again.  And the city that can never get anything done will, again, continue to never get anything done. Someone stop this merry-go-round. <_<

If it makes you feel any better, Portland is just now building its Convention Center Hotel after debating it for about 20 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This would be a good time for an alternative weekly paper to move in and become the local press.

Apartments=year round residents year round residents=retail demand year long, year round amenities demand There fore less low quality touristy shops on the beachfront

Site plans have been filed for two different mixed use proposals by McLeskey & Associates. The first is for a site on the south side of Rudee Inlet at the foot of the bridge. It calls for a h

Posted Images

Ramsay Smith at Pembroke mall tells me that they are working on 3rd party agreements with Target, Kohl's and Seritage, owners of the Sears space, toward the creation of a "more dense" environment "in keeping with other malls in the nation." 

He then said that he wound't care to comment further.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on 264 yesterday near Mt. Trashmore, and I glanced over and saw a long white and wood (?) building going up near Convergence. Looks like it would be at the corner of Bonney and Constitution. Any idea what that is? I'm guessing an apartment or hotel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BFG said:

I was on 264 yesterday near Mt. Trashmore, and I glanced over and saw a long white and wood (?) building going up near Convergence. Looks like it would be at the corner of Bonney and Constitution. Any idea what that is? I'm guessing an apartment or hotel?

It’s a Residence Inn. There’s a pinned thread about it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BFG said:

If he's saying what I think he is, I think it would compliment Town Center very well. I wish they would bring back the pedestrian bridge concept. Someone at MacArthur needs to pay attention to this.

Yes. Sounds to me like he is attempting to get past any prior agreements with the anchor tenants which likely contain language which limit his ability to demolish the mall/redevelop the property without the anchor's consent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Ramsay Smith at Pembroke mall tells me that they are working on 3rd party agreements with Target, Kohl's and Seritage, owners of the Sears space, toward the creation of a "more dense" environment "in keeping with other malls in the nation." 

He then said that he wound't care to comment further. I'd love to see some mixed used development with retail and housing. 

This is good news. There's so much potential here. I'd love to see some mixed use development with retail and housing. 

Edited by urbanvb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Yes. Sounds to me like he is attempting to get past any prior agreements with the anchor tenants which likely contain language which limit his ability to demolish the mall/redevelop the property without the anchor's consent.

 Hopefully, eventually, the whole property is turned inside out and made to look similar to Town Center.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

VHB inc has submitted a preliminary concept plan for “air rail ave redevelopment”. As far as I know that area is primarily warehouse and industrial so this may be nothing but the company that submitted it boasts a lot of high quality, urban, mixed use developments so it’s something that bears watching.

https://www.vhb.com/Pages/Experience/Markets/Real-Estate/mixed-use.aspx

This part is particularly interesting, apparently they have experience transforming industrial properties to mixed use. I’m intrigued.

:huh:

C819F8F0-FB3F-4389-9BC3-6ECC230F781B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

1537 Air Rail is being renovated by Lingerfelt Commonwealth for WDS. Based on their economic grant, over $6 million is being spent to renovate the facility and 35 new jobs will be created. This caught by eye too since Lingerfelt doesn’t have a lot of industrial properties & the land between the industrial park and the outlets is being considered for apartments. Still a positive development though. 

Lingerfelt Commonwealth - 1537 Air Rail Ave

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Something to keep an eye on:  a preliminary site plan has been filed for the gas station at 31st & Atlantic. It’s for a retail development simply called “31st Street Retail Shoppes.”  That’s one of the best corners in the region so hopefully they have something special planned. Address is 3100 Atlantic Avenue if anyone wants to look into it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The city council will be briefed on two potential land sales at next weeks work session prior to their meeting. One is on Princess Anne Rd and is likely the development of a three story office building for Ynot Pizza located next to their restaurant at Landstown Commons.  This is currently working its way through the rezoning process.

447190B4-79E5-489E-87D8-45A40CA8C3DA.jpeg.5c3084c6fd4f5e59ac5382bdddaf4205.jpeg

The second one is located on Bonney Road and includes cost participation. I suspect it will be the land adjacent to the Days Inn that has been discussed here previously. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vdogg said:

Mixed-use development being planned for 17th Street. No details just yet, just popped up on the docket.

I looked at this a little when it first came up. The GPINs are two small storefronts right behind 17th St Surf Shop so unless they omitted additional parcels it won’t be significant. I’m expecting retail with a few apartments or offices above. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BFG said:

Honestly there’s so many of them now that are so similarly named it’s hard to tell. It would be extremely unlikely for something like this to make it to groundbreaking without us having known about it so who knows.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, 23320 said:

The city council will be briefed on two potential land sales at next weeks work session prior to their meeting. One is on Princess Anne Rd and is likely the development of a three story office building for Ynot Pizza located next to their restaurant at Landstown Commons.  This is currently working its way through the rezoning process.

447190B4-79E5-489E-87D8-45A40CA8C3DA.jpeg.5c3084c6fd4f5e59ac5382bdddaf4205.jpeg

The second one is located on Bonney Road and includes cost participation. I suspect it will be the land adjacent to the Days Inn that has been discussed here previously. 

City Council will vote on the land sales in my previous post on Tuesday. The Bonney Road site will have 200k SF of office space amongst 3 buildings, 310 apartments amongst 2 buildings, and an 1,100 space parking garage. 

BD1A2238-824E-41D8-8AC3-BB89F27768D5.jpeg.58a551a89414d3649119e2e69f241347.jpeg

5DCDF628-6899-4251-8C45-62556CEFFDFB.jpeg.e096d738d1ff21dfc484f3c4ba9e80a6.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

On 31st Street/Laskin just before you reach the traffic circle, if you look off to the left there's a gazebo and a pile driver next to it. A TON of piles have been driven, indicating that a substantial building is going there. Anybody know what that is?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, vdogg said:

On 31st Street/Laskin just before you reach the traffic circle, if you look off to the left there's a gazebo and a pile driver next to it. A TON of piles have been driven, indicating that a substantial building is going there. Anybody know what that is?

It is a BB&T Office. It’s supposed to be 3-stories and similar to the building Wheeler proposed there previously. I’ll try to find some images of it. 

Edit: Pilot article regarding the sale

Edited by 23320
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 12:10 AM, 23320 said:

Something to keep an eye on:  a preliminary site plan has been filed for the gas station at 31st & Atlantic. It’s for a retail development simply called “31st Street Retail Shoppes.”  That’s one of the best corners in the region so hopefully they have something special planned. Address is 3100 Atlantic Avenue if anyone wants to look into it. 

A preliminary site plan has been filed for a Homewood Suites at 3104 Atlantic Avenue, to the immediate north of the gas station. It is being developed by Harmony Hospitality. Seems like big changes are coming to this block. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 2:55 PM, vdogg said:

Mixed-use development being planned for 17th Street. No details just yet, just popped up on the docket.

Growth brings shortage of commercial space to ViBe District - Southside Daily

Later this year we hope to see the 300 block of 17th Street be redeveloped by a private business owner,” Pittman said. “And we expect that within the next two years several larger developments will be underway and open up larger lease opportunities that do not currently exist.”

Pretty sure this quote is referencing the property previously discussed. 

311-315 Virginia Beach Boulevard Listing

The listing is for 10k SF of renovated retail space. 

8BA632EA-7A83-42EC-B2E5-5B50B0869D62.thumb.png.3dc2c4adc37e34c0d2ddcd8ee135f77d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.