Virginia Beach Development

vdogg

Omg.  :lol: Please people listen to what i am trying to say. The building going up that i am referring to isn't even part of this picture. Look at the picture. Look at the building in the top right corner. Directly to the RIGHT of that, just off the edge of the picture, is where that building is going up. I have been to the OBC site in person many times and trust me when i tell you this is not only not part of that project, it is not contained anywhere within any of the highlighted foot prints. The building is going up to the right or the building with the rainbow stripe and to the left of the days inn. Somebody please get me a street level pic, i'm going crazy.  :lol:

On a side note my question isn't really Towncenter related so i am moving this all to the development thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you talking about the Miller and Long building???? Maybe I don't see what you are talking about!!!!

Are you talking about the Miller and Long building???? Maybe I don't see what you are talking about!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No not at all. The building i am referring to is going up in between the building with the rainbow stripe and the Days in at the right of this page. The Miller and Long building is part of Phase one of the OBC. The highrise i'm talking about is under construction and is on its 8th floor and it is not in the OBC footprint.

DSC01922.jpg

Edited by vdogg

Housing would total 722 units, including 304 apartments; 125 two-story town houses; 165 three-story town houses and 128 single-family carriage houses.
MG, the traffic is horrible in that area right now. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in about five years when this is finished.

It's a very urban look,'' says city planner Carolyn A. K. Smith, right. It's not more of the same old, same old.''
HaHa, yeah right it's only going to look urban. It's probably going to look like the Towne Square neighborhood on Windsor Oaks Blvd. right up the street.

lgtownesquare.jpg

They plan to build a mix of 722 housing units on nearly 82 acres on the south side of South Plaza Trail, with apartments renting from $800 to $1,100 a unit and town houses and carriage houses selling from $165,000 to $210,000.
I'm pretty sure those prices have changed a lot. Last I heard the homes in Towne Square were going for the mid $300K's and the town homes are in the mid $200K's.

Yup. I still do believe though once Target comes to Pembroke, KMart's days are numbered- thus that strip's days are probably numbered as well. I could very well see an investor eyeing that parcel for redevelopment once Kmart is gone.

Yup. I still do believe though once Target comes to Pembroke, KMart's days are numbered- thus that strip's days are probably numbered as well. I could very well see an investor eyeing that parcel for redevelopment once Kmart is gone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I have gathered, the real excitement may be centered around the former HQ and FX properties. Apparently, Mr. Divaris has convinced them to invest the big bucks to emulate what is going on at Town Center. Let's hope it all comes together as planned. Unfortunately, it appears that the owner's of the prized Hannaford/Kroger/Pizza Hut properties are content to hold on to the past in the form of strip malls and parking lots.

Great. So do you have any news on the old HQ as to what exactly it will be (that is one HUGE property) .also is someone already looking at the FX property ? (another HUGE property!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only thing Mr. Divaris told me was that the HQ property would be developed long the lines of "office towers, mixed use, high-rise development, with a residential and retail component...and with high-end finishes and site plans complimenting Town Center...." The HQ property will be known as "Town Square." The FX owner's plans are trending toward something like or complimenting "Town Square." I think it's gonna be a while yet before we get the real 411 here. In the meantime, we have plenty to look forward to! (Gee, I wonder if VDOGG is gonna get us for veering off-topic here! :o )

one more thing.. any idea when the Town Square concept may be announced?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a date for an official announcement. However, there is a Divaris Real Estate sign up at the property on the Cleveland side announcing "Town Square." If I hear anything more, I'll let you know.

Ok. I am just SOO excited to think about the possibilities here - imagine Town Square built up and out. Imagine the FX property being also redeveloped something like TS. Va Beach is gonna be rocking for sure! This just truly blows my mind.... :blink::o Again, sorry Vdogg! I get so into this kind of thing. Kindly move all of this over to the VB Devleopment thread. pulease!

Edited by guynvb

Ok. I am just SOO excited to think about the possibilities here - imagine Town Square built up and out. Imagine the FX property being also redeveloped something like TS. Va Beach is gonna be rocking for sure! This just truly blows my mind....

Ok, I am going a little far maybe but I can imagine after TC is developed, Town Square and the old FX, by that time Cityview and the Westin will probably be done. I could really imagine this type of urban construction spreading across the street of the blvd. Imagine driving down the boulevard having scrapers on both sides.. ok, thanks for my moment and I am awake now. :blink:

Ok, I am going a little far maybe but I can imagine after TC is developed, Town Square and the old FX, by that time Cityview and the Westin will probably be done. I could really imagine this type of urban construction spreading across the street of the blvd. Imagine driving down the boulevard having scrapers on both sides.. ok, thanks for my moment and I am awake now.
Edited by rusthebuss