Norfolk Development

vdogg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats were i was talking about! Hopefully they can build some townhomes around that area or row houses to start making the entire city more urban.

I think that is doubtful because this project was actually delayed for two years in order for the developer to acquire more buffer land and work with the neighborhoods in the area. I think getting neighborhood approval was important to City Council approval.

It is very close to Norfolk Commerce Park on that side of Military Highway.

Another sign of something that may be happening in that area is that the old dumpy Chinese restaurant on Military just south of there was torn down earlier this week.

I think that is doubtful because this project was actually delayed for two years in order for the developer to acquire more buffer land and work with the neighborhoods in the area. I think getting neighborhood approval was important to City Council approval.

It is very close to Norfolk Commerce Park on that side of Military Highway.

Another sign of something that may be happening in that area is that the old dumpy Chinese restaurant on Military just south of there was torn down earlier this week.

and that old auto shop too. It didn't take them long either.

We are working on a 51 unit condo project on Norview ave. Propoerty is currently zoned commercial. rezoning hearing next month to rezone to R-13. address is 859 Norview ave. Two waterfront parcels that are partially vacant. If we get the rezoning this should be a pretty good project.

Looks like they are just gonna convert instead of tear down for the condos:

Developer to turn human services building into 22 condominiums

OK well tonight as I was walking past this art gallery place called Indigo (on Freemason, kind of across from Freemaon Abbey) there was a rendering of the Franklin Building condos in the window. I tried to get a pic but it did not turn out.

Anyway, it actually looked very nice. It looks like it will be done in a style similar to the condos across from the Pagoda Park (where the gravel lot used to be). More sqaured off angles instead of colonial if that makes sense. Also, the rendering had a lot of storefront retail space facing Brambleton on the first floor. I am excited but still wondering about the $500K price tag. We shall see.

Archived