The Best Thing For The City

rbdetsport

What kind of transportation do you want? Trolley Car around town, Light Rail going all the way out to the suburbs, or maybe a new Michigan Train System. What will generate foot traffic in Downtown Detroit the most? What will generate more buisness from local to big box stores? My choice is everything. What do you think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that a light rail system going through many of the neighborhoods of Detroit and through downtown with a couple of lines going out to the Metro Airport and Ann Arbor, Pontiac, Southfield, Sterling Heights, Macomb, and Mt.Clemens. In the future after that being built the light rail system could follow I-94 all the way up to Port Huron. It could connect the vibrant town of Port Huron and the suburbs to the soon to be vibrant Downtown Detroit. Maybe extending Detroit CBD.

I think that a light rail system going through many of the neighborhoods of Detroit and through downtown with a couple of lines going out to the Metro Airport and Ann Arbor, Pontiac, Southfield, Sterling Heights, Macomb, and Mt.Clemens. In the future after that being built the light rail system could follow I-94 all the way up to Port Huron. It could connect the vibrant town of Port Huron and the suburbs to the soon to be vibrant Downtown Detroit. Maybe extending Detroit CBD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Light rail from Detroit to Ann Arbor, and the Airport. Also a line along Woodward up to Pontiac, and ofcourse to the Palace so we could all take the train to cheer on the Pistons! I would like to see all of the universities linked up with the same system.

Light rail would be nice in wayne county, especially from the airport to downtown. I'd also like to see some sort of commuter rail to Flint, Auburn Hills and maybe up to Port Huron to bring canadians visiting a better option than driving.

Are there any ways to travel to Windsor besides driving?

well you could swim! :rofl:

There isn't a ferry currently that takes people across the Detroit river.

There is a bus route that goes between Detroit and Windsor. It has several stops on both sides and uses the tunnel, but that's about all I know about it.

Light rail would be nice.

Hopefully someone will put the risks asside and step up to the plate on some sort of transit system.  I also agree that a link between Washtenaw and Wayne counties would be nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your fogetting about Oakland and Macomb County. Were important too.

Why would they ride it? Those rich suburbanites would rather make fun of us, I say tell them to go back to Gross Pointe!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Grosse Pointes support the city more than the people out in Oakland County do. L. Brooks is the one with the problem. He just needs to go away.

Why would they ride it? Those rich suburbanites would rather make fun of us, I say tell them to go back to Gross Pointe!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excuse me..... I live in Macomb County and do you see me putting down Detroit on this forum. So you know what, who cares if I am a rich suburb person.

Archived