Sounds Stadium

doormanpoet

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sport are for enjoyment, not ecenomic growth. I do not think we relly on sports. I think that sports do help downtown growth. But this means that anything fun, which large people wise downtowns have, would be rellied on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sports are also an attractive thing for companies looking to relocate. it's easier for a city that offers more perks to a company looking to move (such as nice city parks, a good school system, sporting events....etc). the more the city has to offer the employees of the company, the happier the company will probably be.

Sport are for enjoyment, not ecenomic growth. I do not think we relly on sports. I think that sports do help downtown growth. But this means that anything fun, which large people wise downtowns have, would be rellied on

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...and just ask any downtown restaurant owner who has been there for more than 10 years what kind of impact the Predators and Titans have had on their business...I'm sure almost every one of them is anxious to bring 8-10,000 more people downtown for spring and summer games.

Yeah, it's like the old Pred days downtown this weekend. Last night's St. Patty's Day celebration had the place packed...throw in the NCAA crowds and this is a money weekend for the poor folks who've suffered with no hockey all winter.

I guess with the Kats games and weekends like this, plus the spring and summer typical crowds, they'll do okay. There are more new restuarants on the way. A new Pan Asian on Church next to Tazza which looks pretty slick (but you have to sneak in behind the barriers to see it at the moment) and Sullivan's Steak House which is opening in the old Irish pub location at 4th and Broadway (remember the old Cowsboys La Cage drag show...that same building. It's out of Chicago and along the lines of Morton's I think. There's more, but I'm tired. ;)

That's almost two years, plenty of time to put a little stadium up. Isn't it? I expect some news soon.

A lot of it has to do with the surrounding developments which will be part of the overall package. The city is in the process of passing the urban overlay for the area which will impact all designs from here on out. I think we're in for a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

Does a minor league team really deserve it? We never built an arena for the Nashville Knights hockey team.

What is really wrong with where they are except for the fact it looks horrible and needs to be torn down!

Do people really buy sounds tickets?

I ALWAYS got free tickets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

h**l yeah!!! why wouldnt they. They area great summer attraction for the locals. and they need a new stadium. greer stadium is so old and outdated. i think it would be a great fit for downtown nashville. as soon as the game gets out, the spectators hit the streets for a drink at the clubs. and by the way, we pay for all of the tickets we get.

Archived