Greenville Subforum Question

Spartan

Should Spartanburg and/or Anderson be added to the Greenville subforum?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Spartanburg and/or Anderson be added to the Greenville subforum?

• Yes- Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson
    • Yes- Greenville-Spartanburg
    • No- Leave it like it is
    • Other- (Explain)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we will inevitably end up with posts on the whole Upstate, whether the title says so or not. Some ideas for a title and/or subtitle are...

Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson

The bustling Upstate Metros

Greenville

Heart of the Upstate

Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson

Upstate Metro Forum

What do you all think? :)

I voted no...if you include all those areas, you end up taking the whole Upstate. Greenwood should NOT be part of the subforum. Greenwood is nearby, but it definitely prides itself as being its own identity. I wouldn't mind Greenville-Spartanburg, because with cities such as Mauldin and Greer along with the area of Taylors, the 2 major cities are basically connected to each other. G'ville and S'burg are close to each other. So why not have them? Is it that the official census includes Anderson in the MSA?

Shoot...I should have voted for the other. ARRGGHH! Can I change my vote to Greenville-Spartanburg? :wacko: Me so stupid!

I voted no...if you include all those areas, you end up taking the whole Upstate. Greenwood should NOT be part of the subforum. Greenwood is nearby, but it definitely prides itself as being its own identity. I wouldn't mind Greenville-Spartanburg, because with cities such as Mauldin and Greer along with the area of Taylors, the 2 major cities are basically connected to each other. G'ville and S'burg are close to each other. So why not have them? Is it that the official census includes Anderson in the MSA?

Shoot...I should have voted for the other. ARRGGHH! Can I change my vote to Greenville-Spartanburg?  :wacko: Me so stupid!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Leave Greenville by itself, Greenville has its own identity. Its actually insulting to some Greenvillians when you add Spartanburg and Anderson to it.

Shoot...I should have voted for the other. ARRGGHH! Can I change my vote to Greenville-Spartanburg?

Here is the problem- I do not want an entire Upstate subsection. It is unfair to the rest of the state, and I don't want to go back to the Upstate, Midlands, Lowcountry setup we had before.

I have no problem adding Spartanburg to the mix. Anderson is not a frequent topic here, so I have reservations about slapping its name on the title.

The fair thing to do would be to add Spartanburg since it has coverage, and be ready to add Anderson when its coverage picks up, just like the plan to add Charleston's sub forum.

For the time being Greenwood issues will have to go in the general SC section.

I think that Greenville should be kept separate from Spartanburg and Anderson. From my travels to clients along I-85 in the area and from just looking a map, the cities really have not yet truly grown into each other (I am sure that they will one day in the future). They each have a separate identity. Most of the growth is in the Easley-Greenville-Mauldin-Simpsonville-Greer region, which is really Greenville's territory. While I know that part of Greer including BMW is in Spartanburg County, it is clear if you travel from BMW to Greenville and from BMW to Spartanburg which center is sprawls out from--Greenville. It gets almost rural between BMW and Spartanburg.

I beg to differ on this. Greenwood is absolutely connected to the Greenville-Spartanburg-Anderson. How do I know? I was born and raised there and when we wanted better shopping, jobs, entertainment we headed to Greenville. Also a great deal of Greenvillians go to Greenwood on a regular basis. Some also own lake homes there. 99 percent of the upstate travel to Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson or Greenwood for major shopping, entertainment, etc. Greenwood High Schools biggest rival is Spartanburg High. Still feel Greenwood isn't connected?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do see your point, but I frequented there while I was dating my now-fiancee. After talking to many people around the area, and doing many things there, I do think that there is feeling that Greenwood wants to be on its own...at least for now. There are some people, myself included, that want an expressway that connects Greenwood to I-85 and I-26, and if that happened, there is no doubt that Greenwood would become a part of Greenville. I think currently, many people in G'wood live there so they can feel more relaxed, and when they want to do big city things, then they go to G'ville.

But, I could be wrong! ^_^

I do see your point, but I frequented there while I was dating my now-fiancee. After talking to many people around the area, and doing many things there, I do think that there is feeling that Greenwood wants to be on its own...at least for now. There are some people, myself included, that want an expressway that connects Greenwood to I-85 and I-26, and if that happened, there is no doubt that Greenwood would become a part of Greenville. I think currently, many people in G'wood live there so they can feel more relaxed, and when they want to do big city things, then they go to G'ville.

But, I could be wrong!  ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your not wrong. You made some very valid points. I would love to see an expressway from Greenwood to 26 and 85. Would probably help Greenwood grow too.

Your not wrong. You made some very valid points. I would love to see an expressway from Greenwood to 26 and 85. Would probably help Greenwood grow too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh absolutely. Greenwood has the potential of being another Southern boom town, but the lack of quick and easy accessibility is really hindering it, IMO. Get a connector highway through or near that city and you wouldn't recognize half of it in 5-10 years.

Archived