Downtown Living in Greenville

Spartan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to take a look at it when I get back downstairs after work or during my lunch. I'm getting that darned error again.

I did enjoy reading through Denton's blog very much as well. His photos were awesome. I love the ones taken near the Peace Center in the Morning Fog on his way to work. I thought I had an awesome commute. His is even better! :wub:

Try this link. I just love the lights on Main Street after or during a rain. :wub: You can click on each image to see a larger resolution.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Glad to see that there are Condos going in there. That is the building behind Barley's Taproom, that you can see from the City Parkinglot off Washington, right?

Also, Where exactly are the west end Cottages? Are there any left? Can someone mark them on Wikimapia? I'm having trouble figuring out where they are.

• 1 year later...

Work on The Hamptons is going full steam ahead. This church-turned-condo project is going to be a great addition to the Hampton-Pinckney area of downtown Greenville. This is only a block from where the City recently had on their agenda to allow for the construction of 5 new single-family homes on a vacant lot at the corner of Hampton & Lloyd Streets.

You can checkout the website of this project here: The Hamptons - Greenville

2354947865_e574122764.jpg

2355783982_5a7836a6ce.jpg

A few blocks away, the Mulberry at Pinckney is also well underway. Based on the information on their sign, I believe it said 18 townhomes and 16 single-family homes. There should be more units to be built, if that's the case. Prices start at $170,000. I'm VERY impressed with the Randolph Group.

2355777862_d69429a3a4.jpg

2354945683_0ea45d791b.jpg

Work on The Hamptons is going full steam ahead. This church-turned-condo project is going to be a great addition to the Hampton-Pinckney area of downtown Greenville. This is only a block from where the City recently had on their agenda to allow for the construction of 5 new single-family homes on a vacant lot at the corner of Hampton & Lloyd Streets.

You can checkout the website of this project here: The Hamptons - Greenville

2354947865_e574122764.jpg

2355783982_5a7836a6ce.jpg

Really like this project. Glad to see it moving along. An excellent example of adaptive re-use. :thumbsup: Thanks for the photos.

• 8 months later...

These, and the street work done by the City, have added a LOT to Laurens Street. It looks 100 times better, and the amount of character of the buildings rivals every other part of downtown.

I'd really like to see that 6-story project come to that blank brick wall to the right of this project. Does anyone know how it did with the DPC?

Thanks for the update pic!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any info about these? There are two or three of them that have been built on Chicora Avenue (near the Haynie Street development). A nice bit of gentrification for this area. Don't really go through this area often, so they may have been there for a while. :dontknow:

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

Archived