Downtown Living in Greenville

Spartan

I don't know anything about them, but it seems to me that their historical cues are right on. They remind me a lot of what you'll see in the Hampton-Pinckney Historic District. Not so much on the overall design, but the angles, overhang, porch details, etc, etc... I like 'em.

Great news for Church St/Augusta St.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work on The Hamptons is going full steam ahead. This church-turned-condo project is going to be a great addition to the Hampton-Pinckney area of downtown Greenville. This is only a block from where the City recently had on their agenda to allow for the construction of 5 new single-family homes on a vacant lot at the corner of Hampton & Lloyd Streets.

You can checkout the website of this project here: The Hamptons - Greenville

2354947865_e574122764.jpg

2355783982_5a7836a6ce.jpg

This project is coming along nicely. Didn't realize the cottage next door was one of the units.

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

The vacant lot where the additional units will be built behind the current portion of the project.

IMG_2839.jpg

I didn't realize that additional units would be built. The church looks fantastic! This is a very high quality addition and infill for Hampton-Pinckney! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update!

This reminds me, does anyone know how the Mulberry at Pinckney is going? It's been probably 6 months since I've been by, but last time there seemed to be a lot of empty units (although, I think those were only recently finished at that point). Are they constructing more? :dontknow:

This reminds me, does anyone know how the Mulberry at Pinckney is going? It's been probably 6 months since I've been by, but last time there seemed to be a lot of empty units (although, I think those were only recently finished at that point). Are they constructing more? :dontknow:

I was by there yesterday and it seems more of the units are occupied. Not sure the percent. Maybe someone here in real estate knows.

They have nice banners on the streetlights now (maybe they have been there and I haven't noticed).

I'd like to see more units built. This development looks to be having a positive impact on the area.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures.

I'd really like to map the changes in this historic district of downtown. The Commons at Hampton-Pinckney and its adjacent development seem to have started the area's new investments, followed by projects such as this and even the Mulberry Street changes. This neighborhood's revitalization is going to be key in making the area around the Amtrak station more attractive.

I agree. I would like to see a master plane for this specific area, one that would circle around all the way form the train station to the post office and down Washington to Academy.

This building is beautiful and really adds a lot to the area. I am glad that it is not just another typical modern arch. building!

You do realize that this is adaptive reuse of an old church, right? ;)

Hmmm. Now that you mention it, it seems like I may have seen that before, but I certainly had forgotten it. I was thinking this one came form the ground up. That is good to hear though, anytime we can use what is already there, I think it is a good thing. Great project! This is what I would like to see more of.

• 1 year later...

Anyone have any info about these? There are two or three of them that have been built on Chicora Avenue (near the Haynie Street development). A nice bit of gentrification for this area. Don't really go through this area often, so they may have been there for a while. :dontknow:

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

There's been several more of the Haynie Street houses going up. I have only noticed them from Augusta Street, and haven't driven down Haynie to see how many. Hopefully we'll see more new construction in this area. There's still several homes marked with "D"s in the area.

Archived