Savannah Developments

Southron

What's new in Savannah? This forum hardly ever has new topics. I miss Savannah, I lived there for two years. It would be nice to get some info on new projects!!! :thumbsup:

I was there in November. Lots of SCAD renovations all over the place. Also lots of renovations of housing in neighborhoods around the historic core, like above Forsyth Park. Fairmount Square guiding light Carol Moore has a house in an old suburban area. Where did you live and why did you leave ??

• 2 months later...

hey guys, every other city seems to have just a total wrap up of all the developments going on, i thought id do the same. so if yall know of any other developments than the river landing, ellis square or the reserve at savannah harbor, feel free to share the info, and also of you have any updates on the prjects i mentioned. Thanks!

Savannah River Landing

savannah_river_landing.jpg

Ellis Square

aerial_flat.jpg

The news place on ellis square

retail_thumbnail.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's an article about a development out in the suburbs.

ABG Slates Fall Start for $50M Mixed-Use Plan- GlobeSt

MIDWAY, GA-Alpharetta-based ABG Development has acquired a 372-acre site at the northwest corner of the Interstate 95/US Highway 84 interchange with plans to develop Sawgrass Landing, a $50-million mixed-use project. Project plans call for the construction of 980 single- and multifamily units, two hotels and 500,000 sf of retail space with 13 outparcels.

Groundbreaking is expected in the early fall with the first residential units ready for occupancy in fall 2008.

Man, that News Place at Ellis Square looks great! Thanks for posting the rendering and link. Incredibly, downtown Savannah just keeps getting better and better.

i know, it's exciting lol. the newsplace is almost finished the second floor now. that area is gonna look very nice when its dont. a new park and three more 6 story building right next to each other.

Here's an article about a development out in the suburbs.

ABG Slates Fall Start for $50M Mixed-Use Plan- GlobeSt

wow thats a pretty big development! 372 acres! thats 3 times bigger than that liberty harbor development. and from what they said it sound like they will be alot of commute to savannah, and being in liberty county, maybe that could bring in another county to the savannah msa? that would be great!

wow, came across this today, suprised the heck outta me:

Jasper county development

thats what im talking about! high rise is the way too go, look it wasnt that unreal to me, i know savannahs potential and if other towns around us are getting things, that means were going to get bigger and better developments, we are in Savannah, GA .... but yeahh i love the idea of between sav and hh that itll be alot of residential...... itll really link us up.....

Why is Jasper County not part of Savannah CSA? It would make an interesting addition.

well if most of those people commute to savannah, then i think it will def. be added :)

also im gonna be on the lookout for renderings of this thing, i think we should all do the same vus it sounds like the biggest savannah area project by far!

well if most of those people commute to savannah, then i think it will def. be added :)

also im gonna be on the lookout for renderings of this thing, i think we should all do the same vus it sounds like the biggest savannah area project by far!

well after this project and many to come like it, between savannah and hilton head, i think it will be apart of the CSA and the commuting will begind with all the jobs opening up in the area... fun times are ahead forsure... :)

Also, something I read earlier this week in the Savannah Morning News, is that the city is wanting to build a Hurricane Headquaters; so that if the city is down, the leaders can control the city from that location, the proposed location in outside the water treatment plant in Port Wentworth... The facility also has to with stand Catorgy 3 winds..... the Police Headquaters on the Island is replacing its roof with a Metal roof to with stand the same type of winds..... (these are both only used for Hurricane times)

Also, something I read earlier this week in the Savannah Morning News, is that the city is wanting to build a Hurricane Headquaters; so that if the city is down, the leaders can control the city from that location, the proposed location in outside the water treatment plant in Port Wentworth... The facility also has to with stand Catorgy 3 winds..... the Police Headquaters on the Island is replacing its roof with a Metal roof to with stand the same type of winds..... (these are both only used for Hurricane times)

good idea, better safe that sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

This is another suburban development and maybe someone here has already heard of it.

Developers recently submitted plans to the state for a community called Vallambrosa Plantation containing....

-1804 Single-family detached units

-1530 Multifamily Units (Condos/Townhomes/Villas)

-100,000 sf retail

-2 Hotels - 568 rooms total

-1 Golf Course with Clubhouse

Heres a pdf with some site plans and examples of the kind of development it will be.

Vallambrosa

Wow, that looks nice, I've never heard of that development but as the timeline says 3-14-07 so its fairly new and still probably going through the process, but it looks promising and really add more residential to that area.... that area this is going to is referred to as "Georgetown" ... off of King George BLVD.... its interesting as when I went to the GDOT meetings a month ago, they are really eager to start the flyover for the intersection of King George and 204... adding a development like this, and Im sure more to come around it as usual, its much needed ..... but looking at the pictures, this is a very unique development, looks upscale to me with the style and amenties and golf course...... Im interested to know who the developer is... maybe give us a idea of there past developments ....

wow, very nice, i like the whole mini city layout idea, and the sketches makes it look like it will be a very classy development.

hey cocateho, what do you think of this type of development in the georgetown area?

btw, Im sure the executives at food lion knew about this, thats why they moved back in - ;)

Edited by 109investments

hey cocateho, what do you think of this type of development in the georgetown area?

btw, Im sure the executives at food lion knew about this, thats why they moved back in - ;)

i think it looks like a great development, and since it is completly inevitable that that area is going to grow, probably by leaps and bounds withing the next few years, im happy that were getting something like this, somethig with variation, unlike out on wilmington, i hate all thos aparment and condos out there, so monotonous. economically i tink it will help the area as a whole, but it looks to be not too far away from the savannah mall, and it said it would have retail there, so it might help the savannah mall by adding people, or be the stick the reaks the horses back..... i guess it just depends on how much buisness and how well it does. certainly an exciting project though!

i think it looks like a great development, and since it is completly inevitable that that area is going to grow, probably by leaps and bounds withing the next few years, im happy that were getting something like this, somethig with variation, unlike out on wilmington, i hate all thos aparment and condos out there, so monotonous. economically i tink it will help the area as a whole, but it looks to be not too far away from the savannah mall, and it said it would have retail there, so it might help the savannah mall by adding people, or be the stick the reaks the horses back..... i guess it just depends on how much buisness and how well it does. certainly an exciting project though!

Yeah, I was thinking about the impact itll have on that part of Abercorn. Savannah Mall is a great new mall, no way is it outdated id say... and for the area having this 2 story mall will help out alot when these type of developments come into play, I think Savannah Mall will see better days again and alot of stores will relocate to Savannah Mall while Oglethorpe Mall will turn into our version of Lenox in buckhead, adding the much needed Maggianos - Cheesecake restaurants that you know midtown will get, its not the matter of if but when .... I also think, oglethorpe mall will get stores will Saks Fifth and Nordstroms ....... I just see midtown turning into a better place... and Savannah Mall finding intos catch again .... it has to happen.......

As for the mall rite now, I heard a local businessmen is moving his gym into that mall ..... and really hows that going to look .... Im wondering how Savannah Mall is structuring their leases with places like this and the local high quality kellers flea market vendors <_<

this development is going to pave the way for the highrise zoned land near hwy 170 in SC.... linking of HH and Savannah has begun folks...

sure is, in a way i can kinda see savnnah becoming like the d.c. of the south..... historical mostly low or midrises on one side of the river, highrises on the other. do you know how they are coming along?i havent been over the bridge since probably the 4th, they said they were starting construction any day now like 2 months ago. savannah has picked up pace but this project seems as slow as ever.