Savannah Developments

Southron

They are going to break ground on the cinema sometime in a few weeks they say....and Ive talked to the leasing vice president a few times, says they are looking at contruction at 08, and open by 09 fall.... so in 08 the new walmart lowes will open and more traffic will start being pushed down towards the 16 end of pooler parkway, so its makes sense for it to just happen section at a time, 95 pine barren 16 ... the 3 mouths of pooler parkway....

right across the street from walmart/lowes...metro developers have opened up there strip plaza, home to papa johns, jalepenos is moving in also, and a few other names already open (state farm) .... I love that we got a jalepenos in pooler... its by far my fav mexican in the seaport

I went over the bridge rcently and it looks like somthing new is being built on hutchinson. not sure what it is or if it has anythin to do with the reserve project. its wood frame but its too big for a house.

so no idea what it is but, something is being built on hutchinson, so thats always promising to see.

Does anyone know the date when the Stubbs Towers highrise at Anderson & Truman Parkway is going to be torn down?

no idea but i wish they wouldnt. seems like a better idea to renovate and redo the outside than demolish and lose that housing density (and another highrise) :(

I went over the bridge rcently and it looks like somthing new is being built on hutchinson. not sure what it is or if it has anythin to do with the reserve project. its wood frame but its too big for a house.

so no idea what it is but, something is being built on hutchinson, so thats always promising to see.

no idea but i wish they wouldnt. seems like a better idea to renovate and redo the outside than demolish and lose that housing density (and another highrise) :(

I agree we need more highrises but that particular building is an eyesore and is beyond help. I know they were getting bids to demo it a few months ago just haven't heard anything lately.

The drawings of The Savannah River Landing looks like it is really going to enhance the Savannah skyline though.

Edited by FFG3

I agree we need more highrises but that particular building is an eyesore and is beyond help. I know they were getting bids to demo it a few months ago just haven't heard anything lately.

The drawings of The Savannah River Landing looks like it is really going to enhance the Savannah skyline though.

yeah, it is an ugly ass building.... but they should build something almost as tall, nd much nicer when the demolish it. i think they could fix it if they really wanted to, but then again maybe it would be cheaper to demolish and start from scratch. any news on whats going in its place?

and yes the SRL does looklike itll inhance the skyline alot, tho i wish it was on a bit higher land, as 2 east bryan stands so much taller in the skyline than everything cus its the tallest and on the highest land. we need something to rival its height in the overall skyline, and while the 2 10 - 11 story highrises in the river landing would, they sit on lower land. but maybe they will, hard to tell till they actually build them, i just wish they'd get a move on lol laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The GPA just purchased land on Hutchinson Island this week for 46 million dollars, saying nothing is going to stop this port from enjoying great success and continued growth for the future of Savannah.... The ports are the single most important thing to Savannah, long as they continue we will keep growing into a bigger better city.....

Also, Jasper Countys port is under development on paper, with a time frame of 3 weeks to report to the governors of GA and SC... saying its over a billion dollar project! =) Its funny that the rest of the state's population really thinks nothings going on down here ...

Also on the Savannah River Landing Project, 3 firms have been narrowed down to submit designs for the 6 new sqaures downtown...... exciting stuff coming up ..........

heres the link for the sqaures news - Savannah River Landing Square design

• 1 month later...

Finally the county is talking about the tract - west of Hunter Army Airfield along Veterans Parkway..... once this gets developed - Savannah will be huge coming in from Garden City to SAV - Thats when midtown is explode into its own... rivarly downtown to some extend....

http://savannahnow.com/node/160902 check out the link - Steve Hall and Jack Wardlaw have stakes in the site already, so you know they're on to something....

- As for the Westside news - Fatz Cafe started Construction on Pooler Parkway - near Longhorns....

Cheddars started also, with the strip plaza next door too....

Finally the county is talking about the tract - west of Hunter Army Airfield along Veterans Parkway..... once this gets developed - Savannah will be huge coming in from Garden City to SAV - Thats when midtown is explode into its own... rivarly downtown to some extend....

http://savannahnow.com/node/160902 check out the link - Steve Hall and Jack Wardlaw have stakes in the site already, so you know they're on to something....

- As for the Westside news - Fatz Cafe started Construction on Pooler Parkway - near Longhorns....

Cheddars started also, with the strip plaza next door too....

This whole land use issue is a load of poo. Ogelthorpe Mall & basically everything on Eisenhower Dr is in HAAF's flight path, yet look at all the development there. Even Wilmington Island is in HAAF's flight path!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...