IN-PROGRESS: The Foundry

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it did not go unnoticed to see the line of people at the back window, completely hypmotized by the cars going by on 95. in retrospect, i wonder if it is because there's a comfort in being in one place, while everything around you is moving at breakneck speed. That you know you're safe, while all these colors and metals and rubber is moving past you while you're standing still...at first i thought it would suck to have that as your view, but as the evening wore on, and i found myself tuning out the music for a few seconds, i would watch the cars go by...there's something poetic there.

i wondered what it looked like from 95...

Hum, offices would make more sense to me... Seems like a potentially tough place for a hotel, given its location and literally being in the shadow of the Masonic Temple.

Now, off topic...

it did not go unnoticed to see the line of people at the back window, completely hypmotized by the cars going by on 95. in retrospect, i wonder if it is because there's a comfort in being in one place, while everything around you is moving at breakneck speed. That you know you're safe, while all these colors and metals and rubber is moving past you while you're standing still...at first i thought it would suck to have that as your view, but as the evening wore on, and i found myself tuning out the music for a few seconds, i would watch the cars go by...there's something poetic there.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know about the latest work they are doing on the remaining part of the Foundry, the part closest to the highway? i heard it was going to be hotel rooms, but that was way back. I was wondering if was part of the Promenade or not. It is known now as the "Sharpe Building" when PPS and ConnectProv had an event there, but there is no mention of it on the Promenade website and the Journal hasn't seemed to have covered the new plans recently.

Yes, some of us at the PPS event were marveling about what a nice space it would be to live in and how strangely seductive the view of the traffic zipping by on Route 95 was at night. We were disappointed to learn that it was slated to be office space. Not that I would have likely been able to afford to live there anyway.

I got a tour of the Promenade before they opened - at the PPS winter ball in 05 I believe - and I definitely loved it. Great old building, big spaces, nicecly renovated, fitness center & pool, proximity to downtown, parking. Unfortunately they were all for rent only, the nicer units very expensive. I would consider living there once the option to buy comes around, but it will probably be too expensive for me.

Archived