McCoy Stadium, Pawtucket RI

Scott

4 Second Paw Sox Video!!!!!

Kids fishing for autographs

pawsox0079.JPG

--------------------------------------------------

Bleacher seats, first come first serve, only a buck!

pawsox0092.JPG

pawsox0106.JPG

pawsox0138.JPG

pawsox0140.JPG

pawsox0179.JPG

pawsox0209.JPG

My brothers and my sister and I take all their kids to the game every year, it's alot of fun and it's infinitely cheaper than Fenway!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics, anyone got any of the stadiums on Cape Cod?

No, but this summer when I'm fishin` the Cape I'll try and get some pics of a few. That would make an interesting thread as some of the parks are pretty neat.

Also I live near the Lowell Spinners stadium and will get some pics of that and I'm going to check out a game at the Brockton Roxs` new park early next season. Alot of minor leauge ball in New England, huh?

The Cape League isn't big enough to have stadiums, they just have fields. The Hyannis Mets field has quite a few bleacher seats, that's as close to stadium as the Cape League gets. There was talk of bringing a minor league team to Hyannis, but the idea received a cool reception so it went away.

Here's the Cotuit Kettleer's Lowell Field in Cotuit. The Kettleers get their name from the fact that Cotuit was originally said to be bought from the Wampanoag's for a kettle and a hoe.

Barnstable026%20-%20Kettleers%20LOwell.jpeg

Guest donaltopablo

I love the aerial of the field, very good stuff.

Never seen a game in the cape cod league, only heard about it. Didn't realize they didn't have ANY stadiums, I figured they didn't play in big stadiums, but I didn't realize they were just fields.

Learn something new everyday :)

The Cape League still maintains it's small town charm. At the end of the day it's just baseball. The kids are usually put up with sponsor families and get summer jobs on the Cape and play in the league. It's a small league, but it has sent quite a few guys to the majors, and some pretty big names too (or so I'm told, look at me going on about baseball :blink: )

• 2 years later...

Wasn't there supposed to be a forum meeting in the bucket sometime this summer? :shades:

I've been waiting for that weekend meeting since I joined up. :unsure:

Sorry, I've been a bit sidetracked by the whole Providence Tomorrow thing. Also I was hoping to get j. and eltron to host us at the Grant, then do a neighborhood tour, but they are obviously quite busy at the Grant now. I'm hoping to aim for mid-September for something in Pawtucket.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, I've been a bit sidetracked by the whole Providence Tomorrow thing. Also I was hoping to get j. and eltron to host us at the Grant, then do a neighborhood tour, but they are obviously quite busy at the Grant now. I'm hoping to aim for mid-September for something in Pawtucket.

so... anything about a meeting in pawtucket? :whistling:

Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular comes to Pawtucket's McCoy Stadium

http://www.pawsox.com/events/jack-o-lantern/

This use to be held at Roger Williams Park untill a disagreement with the show operator.

glad it's back in the providence area... i was upset that they brought it to the boston area last yaer.

• 3 months later...

The PawSox will be hosting their 30th annual Hot Stove party on January 20th from 11:00 until 2 pm.

David Murphy, Pauley, Clay Buchholz, K. Gabbard, and George Kottaras are gonna be there, along with manager Ron Johnson and pitching coach Mike Griffin.

It's free to get in, so go crazy. Usually they've got free hot dogs and chips and soda and some decent Q&A sessions with the players. If you've got that mid-winter baseball jones like I do, this is a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

• 2 months later...

PawSox are holding a welcome back banquet on April 4th at Kirkbrae in Lincoln. All the players and special guest Jim Rice are expected to attend. You can register by calling the Northern Rhode Island chamber o' commerce.

As far as I know, there'll be a full bar. Should be pretty cool.

• 2 months later...

The Pawtucket Arts Festival will be kicked off by a 3 band concert at McCoy on Friday, August 24, featuring Counting Crows, Live, and Collective Soul.

Tickets go on sale June 2 and are available by calling the PawSox box office at 724-7300 or online at www.pawsox.com.

Article Here

Not a bad price for general admission. Parking is free. Easy to get to. Awesome place for a concert. Those who went to Dylan will agree. You can even get close to the stage or seat back in the stadium seats. I believe children (or maybe ust one) are free. Very family-oriented event.

i would've paid that for dylan... but for 2 has-been bands and a halfway decent one that doesn't even reach dylan in quality... i don't think so. it's expensive, even by today's standards, regardless of general admission and free parking (free parking is generally included in all ticket prices for just about any concert).

• 2 years later...

Archived