Richland Mall Redevelopment

lastweek

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S&S cafeteria closed.....wow is anything going to remain in there?

I was there yesterday and S&S had a sign next to their front door that said, "Have you heard rumors? We are not leaving. We love our customers." Are you saying that you were there today and that they have closed?

Cool. And I actually just found out that J&S Cafeteria in Rock Hill is no longer in operation. I have no idea why--the food was awesome. But there are just some spots where some business just can't seem to thrive, and that location may just be one of them, despite being right beside the mall.

S&S cafeteria closed.....wow is anything going to remain in there?

They haven't closed. S&S is alive and well and is always busy. It seems to be very popular with retirees. A little history about S&S; it used to be called the Redwood Cafeteria and has operated at Richland Mall continuously since the original mall opened in 1960.

The same was true of J&S in Rock Hill. The one time I did visit, I thought I'd stumbled onto the set of Cocoon by accident. :P

But as far as Richland Mall is concerned, I think it would be cool to see one of the high-end department stores to go out there. The demographic in Forest Acres is perfect for it, and it's as close to downtown we'll see such stores.

FYI on the status of this project. Got this email after emailing the website:

We plan to begin construction in January. The first phase will begin on the Barnes & Noble side of the upper parking deck. We will begin with Phase One of the condos.

That's awesome. I had no idea they would be starting work so soon.

Hi folks,

Remember when I first chimed in regarding the Bull Street project. I just looked at this chain and just about feel out of my chair. The images looked so familiar, so I had to add this link for those who would like to see what Richland Mall will most likely look like in flesh and stone.( [url=http://anderson-realestate.com/#)]

When you go to this website look at the "Crestview Hills Town Center" located in Cincinnati Ohio. It sounds very much like what developers have planned for the old Richland Fashion Mall.

Hi folks,

Remember when I first chimed in regarding the Bull Street project. I just looked at this chain and just about feel out of my chair. The images looked so familiar, so I had to add this link for those who would like to see what Richland Mall will most likely look like in flesh and stone.(

When you go to this website look at the "Crestview Hills Town Center" located in Cincinnati Ohio. It sounds very much like what developers have planned for the old Richland Fashion Mall.

http://anderson-realestate.com

What happened to "The Department Store", the anchor that replaced Dillard's? It is gone from the mall's website.

I remeber riding by and wondering what kind of department store was it. I never seen any advertisement in the paper with the logo or anything. Did any one check it out?

I remeber riding by and wondering what kind of department store was it. I never seen any advertisement in the paper with the logo or anything. Did any one check it out?

I walked through it before it closed. It seemed kind of like an upscale Dillard's clearance center (like the upstairs floor at the Greenville Mall one).

Archived