Night Life in Orlando...

lazydude247

Which night club do u prefer the most...  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which night club do u prefer the most...

• Tabu
    • Antigua
    • Club Paris
    • Roxy
    • Cairo
    • Other

Hi everyone, im new to this forum, and just want to find out what you guys think of nightlife in the Orlando area. This topic may have been discussed before, but i want some opinions on night life in Orlando only, like downtown, AMC PI, clubs on I drive like Glo, Matrix (muvico pointe orlando).... Discuss...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Some of my favorites:

Independent Bar, downtown

Lava Lounge, Ivanhoe

Southern Nights (I know, but its fun), Mills

Pat O'Briens, CityWalk

Jelly Rolls, the Boardwalk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Southern Nights has just re-opened after being closed under new ownership. Heard they gutted and renovated to update. Haven't seen myself, but use to be a fun place with good DJ's for a dance club.

I work downtown on the weekends and overall the scene is really moving right now. I work at a restaraunt Thornton Park where our place stays packed right up until the lights go out. When I'm walking to my car after work, the entire area is bustling, particularly around Post Parkside where the wine bar a few other hot spots. As you go along Central towards Orange it basicly turns into a parking lot, with no shortage of short skirts and smedium shirts. My favorite spots downtown, Ybor's Martini bar, Rhythm and Spice, Antiguas and Wall Street Plaza. Outside of downtown Blue Martini lounge out in Millenia and Tatame Sake Bar in Winter Park are good drinkin spots.

Sticking with the off-topic, outside-of-downtown theme, Tatame is indeed very cool...very mellow place, good for chilling out (plus, you can get some seriously good food late at night).

Austin's Coffee and Video, just down the road, is pretty cool, too. As is Will's and Stardust.

Back to downtown, The Social is good, clean fun. Speaking of which, haven't been to the "new" Southern Knights yet...heard they now have clean bathrooms...woo hoo!

If I'm with my straight friends - then Ybor's martini bar, Rhythm & Flow, and the Bosendorfer lounge (in the Westin hotel) are our favs...

With my gay friends - Pulse, the wine bar on Central, Southern Nights and Firestone are the club dejour...

If you just want to party - wall street is usually fun on weekend nights, too (though it can make me @ 28 feel really, really old) :blink:

I have to agree with your choices as well corpkid, on point.

If I'm with my straight friends - then Ybor's martini bar, Rhythm & Flow, and the Bosendorfer lounge (in the Westin hotel) are our favs...

With my gay friends - Pulse, the wine bar on Central, Southern Nights and Firestone are the club dejour...

If you just want to party - wall street is usually fun on weekend nights, too (though it can make me @ 28 feel really, really old)  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to agree with your choices as well corpkid, on point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm STILL amazed at how much great nightlife O-town has (esp. for it's size)! And I really love that it's all generally in one area making bar/club hopping a joy -- that's something that not even NYC can do (I'm a transplant)...

Florida rocks! :D

Here's a question - my best friend is coming down from NYC this weekend (he's straight, FYI) and I'm looking for something kick-a$$ to take him to after the 8PM Richard Lewis @ the Improv show I got tickets for. He digs hardcore rock/metal music and generally "gritty" "lower east side" "pool & darts" types bars... I'm not a regular at these types, so I'm at a loss.... Thanks!

i would say goto I bar aka Independant Bar

I'm STILL amazed at how much great nightlife O-town has (esp. for it's size)!  And I really love that it's all generally in one area making bar/club hopping a joy -- that's something that not even NYC can do (I'm a transplant)...

Florida rocks!  :D

Here's a question - my best friend is coming down from NYC this weekend (he's straight, FYI) and I'm looking for something kick-a$$ to take him to after the 8PM Richard Lewis @ the Improv show I got tickets for.  He digs hardcore rock/metal music and generally "gritty" "lower east side" "pool & darts" types bars...  I'm not a regular at these types, so I'm at a loss.... Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm STILL amazed at how much great nightlife O-town has (esp. for it's size)!  And I really love that it's all generally in one area making bar/club hopping a joy -- that's something that not even NYC can do (I'm a transplant)...

Florida rocks!  :D

Here's a question - my best friend is coming down from NYC this weekend (he's straight, FYI) and I'm looking for something kick-a$$ to take him to after the 8PM Richard Lewis @ the Improv show I got tickets for.  He digs hardcore rock/metal music and generally "gritty" "lower east side" "pool & darts" types bars...  I'm not a regular at these types, so I'm at a loss.... Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Take him to Will's on Mills. That's exactly what he wants.

Don't go to Independent Bar unless you want this countless rotation of songs:

1. Depeche Mode

2. Anything involving Morissey

3. Anything by Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, Tones On Tail or Love and Rockets

4. Souixie and the Banshees

5. Psychedelic Furs

6. New Order/Joy Division

Rinse, Repeat, Recycle...

My wife and I love taking people to Wally's, there is something very unusual to it. You can buy liquor and take it out, or sit and drink in the bar. We love taking people who have never been before. It's just dirty, and cheap.....I think it's almost a right of passage.

We normally, if we are going out, go to the Wine Bar on Central, or Sam Sneads. LEYC, stupid name, but nice to sit outside and have a drink or two.

I agree, with corp kid though, wall street just makes us feel old....we're 29.

My wife and I love taking people to Wally's, there is something very unusual to it.  You can buy liquor and take it out, or sit and drink in the bar.  We love taking people who have never been before.  It's just dirty, and cheap.....I think it's almost a right of passage. 

We normally, if we are going out, go to the Wine Bar on Central, or Sam Sneads.  LEYC, stupid name, but nice to sit outside and have a drink or two.

I agree, with corp kid though, wall street just makes us feel old....we're 29.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How ironic, I work at sneads!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just described Wills, on Mills.

Is Wills the old house with the patio on Mills in Delaney Park? If so, I agree I love that place. Never realized what it was called, but I've been in there for coffee. There was a sign out front a few days ago about a wine and cheese tasting for like $45. Sounds fun.

Is Wills the old house with the patio on Mills in Delaney Park?  If so, I agree I love that place.  Never realized what it was called, but I've been in there for coffee.  There was a sign out front a few days ago about a wine and cheese tasting for like $45.  Sounds fun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that's Will's. It's not exactly a wine and cheese kind of place. It's more a beer and pool kind of joint.

If you're headed north on Mills, towards Winter Park, Wills is on the left, about two blocks before you get to the Museum of Art and all that Loch Haven Park stuff.

I don't think that's Will's. It's not exactly a wine and cheese kind of place. It's more a beer and pool kind of joint.

If you're headed north on Mills, towards Winter Park, Wills is on the left, about two blocks before you get to the Museum of Art and all that Loch Haven Park stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that just on the north side of the Mills & Nebraska project?

Ok I am thinking of a different place, South of Thornton Park, it may actually be on Bumby, not Mills.  Can't remember.  Its an old two-story house converted into a cool little restaurant/bar/wine place.  Its eclectic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think you're talking about 903 Mills Market. It's at the corner of Mills and Gore. It's a great place to hang out on weekends, and a lot better than the convenience store that was there when I was in the neighborhood. Also, the owners of 903 run the cafe that's on Lake Eola near the swans.

Archived