Downtown Gilbert, SC

Spartan

This was an article in The State today. It talks about the Town of Gilbert's plans to revitalize its downtown- here is a snippet:

"Town Hall wants to buy and restore a run-down century-old building in the 200 block of Main Street. And it might be followed by the purchase of a former rail depot for a local museum.

There

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. How close is Lexington County sprawl getting to Gilbert these days? I've never been through the town, just passed it on I-20, but I've wondered for a while when it would start to get swallowed up... Gilbert's very close to my section of Aiken co. (extreme northern area), and growth of any kind, even if it is sprawl, would be very beneficial to this area.

Interesting.  How close is Lexington County sprawl getting to Gilbert these days?  I've never been through the town, just passed it on I-20, but I've wondered for a while when it would start to get swallowed up...  Gilbert's very close to my section of Aiken co. (extreme northern area), and growth of any kind, even if it is sprawl, would be very beneficial to this area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work in downtown Columbia and I work with a woman that lives in Gilbert on Lake Murray. It takes her 45 minutes to an hour to drive from Gilbert to downtown Columbia - a distance of only about 20 miles.

Archived