Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

On 9/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, aent said:

He has already thrown over $50 million into this project so far. And he doesn't seem to be doing stupid things like we've seen some of these others do, namely shutting down the existing businesses that are bringing in revenue before he's ready to actually start building (ie, Megamall and Artegon). He's managed to keep every asset bringing in money for the moment. The Hollywood Plaza should replace his revenue from the things he's shutting down on the Skyplex site, and provide additional collateral he'll need to finance the project, and he needs it anyways for additional parking for Skyplex, so it makes a bit of sense. On the Perkins, he literally bought the entire franchisee out, all 8 of their restaurants to make that happen (so the "world's largest Perkins" will be his, not a real traditional tenant).

He's shut down Dowdy Pavillion and the 7-11.

• 2 weeks later...

I read today (don't remember where) that the Artegon owner has filed countersuits against the tenants that they are slandering his title and have prevented the sale from going through, at least until its settled. Part of the claim was that over 50% of the tenants were delinquent on rent as well.

1 hour ago, aent said:

I read today (don't remember where) that the Artegon owner has filed countersuits against the tenants that they are slandering his title and have prevented the sale from going through, at least until its settled. Part of the claim was that over 50% of the tenants were delinquent on rent as well.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-artegon-marketplace-closed-property-20171009-story.html

18 hours ago, Mark Baratelli said:

"...the owner has threated to bring slander..."

anyway, I don't blame the store owners for suing.  And I don't blame the mall for closing.  Wow.  Owed rent?  $600k? 

At the rate this is going, that other retail and medical development at Grand National & Oakridge across from Premium should be well underway.

BTW, that hotel u/c just south of there across from Sonic has been back on track for the past 3 or so months and they're nearly topped off.  They had stopped construction for over a year.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

More than likely parking for construction workers at the south project site.  It must just be prep because they are still going through legal issues with the project.

Or possibly team member parking with a plan to shuttle them over during peak season, and paid parking for the convention center during convention season. Universal never built the team member parking garage expansion they permitted a while back, right around the time they bought this piece of land. I can't imagine building a paved lot for the construction workers, and not that close to the rest of the site... the construction workers will be happier with a dirt lot on the site of the new park, and it'd be cheaper for universal.

On 10/27/2017 at 9:48 PM, aent said:

Or possibly team member parking with a plan to shuttle them over during peak season, and paid parking for the convention center during convention season. Universal never built the team member parking garage expansion they permitted a while back, right around the time they bought this piece of land. I can't imagine building a paved lot for the construction workers, and not that close to the rest of the site... the construction workers will be happier with a dirt lot on the site of the new park, and it'd be cheaper for universal.

If you were attempting to completely redevelop a piece of land into hotels, theme parks, nightlife, etc, would you waste some of that limited space with parking for those that are building it?  Sure it may be used for employee parking at the north site for now, but that is short term.

8 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

If you were attempting to completely redevelop a piece of land into hotels, theme parks, nightlife, etc, would you waste some of that limited space with parking for those that are building it?  Sure it may be used for employee parking at the north site for now, but that is short term.

The contiguous piece of land is not going to be built in one phase... Also I think Universal will end up buying the other 500 acres from Stan Thomas so they will have no shortage of land for some time to come

There is an upcoming large project in park to replace the Dueling Dragons coaster which does not have much space for worker parking and staging. I am not at liberty to explain what this project involves, but it is quite extensive. Perhaps this relates to the in-park construction project. 

Edited by dcluley98

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

There is an upcoming large project in park to replace the Dueling Dragons coaster which does not have much space for worker parking and staging. I am not at liberty to explain what this project involves, but it is quite extensive. Perhaps this relates to the in-park construction project. 

You mean the one that involves the forbidden forest coaster and expansion of Hogsmeade?  It could be the staging area, but they own vacant / little-used land much closer to the project area.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Its interesting. With Universal interested in so much more land, it seems likely they were the interested party for the Artegon site and south of that as well, no? I know people keep saying Super Nintendo World is going to be in KidZone, but with this, its hard to imagine they don't plan to make it a 3rd gate.

• Like 2

I don't think the residents of Tangelo Park would be pleased about Universal trying to develop the land north of them into another park. Then again, I've always found the location of that neighborhood rather odd, it's isolated from the rest of the suburbs with light industrial and warehouses surrounding it.

• Like 1