Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

No kidding...I didn't know that about the road continuing straight through to Wyndham property.   

So, assumingly, it's the Prisa Group hotel going at McFadden's they were talking about.  Unless there is another proposal for property fronting I-Drive.  But, for Charley's, they would lose I-Drive frontage if they moved back to Universal Blvd.  Yeah, Kings Bowl is fairly new and nice. 

I just don't get what the actual footprint will be of the Prisa Group hotel at the McFadden's site.

I believe there is a proposal for another hotel at the front of the site, with no time frame at this point. Also, as I said, my understanding was Charley's was against the proposals, I don't know how that affects things.

The site of McFadden site hotel will literally be in the footprint of McFadden, possibly with less setback to Universal Blvd, without modifying any parking on any other side or anything else. They don't own the other parking lot in front of it, its owned by Sleuth's from my understanding.

Edited by aent

I'm not sure if this is the current site plan of the Grand National Plaza, but currently there are 4 out parcels u/c:

Longhorn, a gift shop, Starbucks, and another restaurant (chain)

Also, the main entrance driveway has been paved.  It's coming along.  Not sure about the buildings back from the road- medical office and hotel, etc.

grand-national-street-plan_1200xx1384-779-0-17.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Wow.  I grew up in DP and its hard to believe it looks that close.   That's amazing.

the interesting dynamic is that The Eye is adjacent to Universal Blvd and Starflyer is adjacent to I-Drive, which is another block closer to that vantage point above, which makes it look that much taller.  The crest is nice.

I'm surprised that FunSpot hasn't looked into building a Starflyer like Magical Midway has.

Yes, people.  Sunshine and I were within 500' of each other last night when he snapped The Eye and Starflyer.  I drove right by TopGolf en route to my snapped vantage point I posted below.   Are you kidding me!

So, I drove 528 west from OIA last night.  at one point, you could see The Eye and Starflyer together from around Orange Ave and let me tell you, Starflyer is substantially taller than The Eye.  And from that perspective, Starflyer is behind The Eye.

20180315_194507.jpg

20180315_194557.jpg

20180315_194725.jpg

Edited by jrs2

• 2 weeks later...

Can't say that this is unexpected, but all Crossroads tenants given a deadline of 18 months to vacate.  I wonder if this is why Otown West is being fast tracked. The article is behind a paywall, however, I was able to read it. 18 months to vacate. Eminent Domain negotiations to start in May with goal of property closing by the end of the year. Construction to start 2020. 

http://www.growthspotter.com/news/retail-dining-developments/gs-fdot-makes-offer-to-tiaa-cref-for-crossroads-shopping-center-lake-buena-vista-20180404-story.html#nt=oft13a-2gp1

Is there an abandoned Grocery store nearby?   Only one I can think of is the old Publix on 192 and I drive.  I think this is the end of Gooding's.  I'll add that Walgreen's about a mile up from this will likely be demolished as will the new Twin Peaks per the plans for the interchange.

Just caddy-corner to here is Vista Way. I'm surprised that FDOT isn't shifting the plans to use that site instead but with Crossroads closing and Disney likely closing Vista Way I expect a major development going on that land even more. This should also help Palm Parkway. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, codypet said:

Is there an abandoned Grocery store nearby?   Only one I can think of is the old Publix on 192 and I drive.  I think this is the end of Gooding's.  I'll add that Walgreen's about a mile up from this will likely be demolished as will the new Twin Peaks per the plans for the interchange.

I remember seeing something about Vinings Way Blvd being extended around Walgreens and eventually around Twin Peaks, but I don't think it has anything to do with the I4 interchange.  As fare as the Twin Peaks, the building has been for sale for a while and it looks like they just broke ground on something else next door to it. Any idea of what it is? 

26 minutes ago, codypet said:

The last plans I saw were nowhere near Twin Peaks or Walgreens.  It was right through the middle of Chevy's with a Hotel Plaza realignment to accept the off-ramp.  Someone posted those plans here, I think.

It should be noted there is a new WaWa going in next to door TP as we speak.

ETA: I didn't see the Vining Way prints.  I was totally thinking I-4 only.

However, I can't imagine the WaWa getting a green light if that is the plan.

20 minutes ago, shardoon said:

I remember seeing something about Vinings Way Blvd being extended around Walgreens and eventually around Twin Peaks, but I don't think it has anything to do with the I4 interchange.  As fare as the Twin Peaks, the building has been for sale for a while and it looks like they just broke ground on something else next door to it. Any idea of what it is? 

7 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

The last plans I saw were nowhere near Twin Peaks or Walgreens.  It was right through the middle of Chevy's with a Hotel Plaza realignment to accept the off-ramp.  Someone posted those plans here, I think.

The ramp is going through the Crossroads, but there is improvements to the SR 535/CR 535 intersection planned as part of the I-4 Ultimate Project that will prevent left turning movements between the two roads.   The extension of Vinnings Way is how the turning movements will be maintained between the two roads.   This ends up wiping out Twin Peaks and Walgreen's (my understanding is the damages to taking some of the parking lot of Walgreen's warrants just taking the whole store).  I suspect Wawa was aware of this and started building.

http://www.i4express.com/Seg1Docs/SEGMENT1_SR535_RECOMMENDED.pdf

Edited by codypet

17 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

ETA: I didn't see the Vining Way prints.  I was totally thinking I-4 only.

However, I can't imagine the WaWa getting a green light if that is the plan.

WaWa? HankStrong, say it ain't so. Don't go over to the dark side!