Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

5 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Unfortunately, Brian Roberts  may be about to leverage Comcast into oblivion because of his grudge match with Bob Iger. If Comcast somehow wins the FOX bid, it ties up their balance sheet more than Disney's (especially given the bucks rolling in lately from Bob's Blockbuster Machine) and it's going to be harder for them to lay out capex at their parks. 

For USF's sake, a Disney win on FOX is likely preferable.

I think its a little bit of a 2 way street... Universal thus far has been having to rent/revenue share for lots of its IP in the parks (Harry Potter/Nintendo, etc). If they own more of it, there cost basis for the capex may go down a bit. Disneys probably going to win this battle though.

• Like 3

Like God before me, let's breathe some life into this thread:

The first one is the Coronado Springs tower.  Great photo, I know.

The second one is those fantastic Oak trees along the drive...and you could see a smidge of Riviera Resort behind there...yeah...

The last one is the JW Marriott at 45mph...

20180629_194752.jpg

20180629_195130.jpg

20180629_195452.jpg

• Like 3

On 6/30/2018 at 7:17 AM, shardoon said:

Westwood Blvd convention hotel land clearing has begun......... one big question lingers......are the gonna ever fix the drainage problems on that road? 

Do we know yet what it's going to be?

Bingo!

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/masters-realty-closes-deals-bring-hilton-other-major-hotel-brand-popular-hospitality-2229362.htm

That 1,200rm convention hotel going on Westwood Blvd on the back side of the OCCC West Bldg is going to be 40 stories.  

Adjacent will be a much smaller Hilton Tru Hotel; a high end brand

On 6/30/2018 at 7:17 AM, shardoon said:

Westwood Blvd convention hotel land clearing has begun......... one big question lingers......are the gonna ever fix the drainage problems on that road? 

check it out above:

Edited by jrs2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, klstorey said:

8 stories taller than the Hyatt Regency/Peabody. That is going to look great right there at 528 and I-4. Don't forget that connection is getting a huge redo, kinda like 408 and I-4, as part of the Beyond the Ultimate project. 

You know whats funny? For years of driving in Orange County and seeing things go from farmland to concrete, I always though it'd make sense for a community like Orlando to establish a 'Downtown Tourist District' where tourism business can be in the same vicinity. Much like banks and healthcare facilities do all over the world.  And By downtown I don't mean towers of height but just a concentrated area!

Always though the convention center area would be ideal with the plethora of bus routes and highway connections right at the 528/I4 interchange.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, klstorey said:

8 stories taller than the Hyatt Regency/Peabody. That is going to look great right there at 528 and I-4. Don't forget that connection is getting a huge redo, kinda like 408 and I-4, as part of the Beyond the Ultimate project. 

Is it for sure going to be 8 stories taller than Peabody?

Nevermind Peabody is 31 stories 428 ft.
If this is 40 stories we're looking at 485-540 ft tall...

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn

^^

I am still waiting for the announcement of the flag for this 1,200rm hotel.  It's going to be a luxury brand and it's technically within walking distance, which will be a huge asset to the OCCC in competing with other convention centers.  I think they should make the bridge over 528 have a covered walkway on the side; they should engineer a canopy over it.  How much could that possibly cost?

BTW, not to sing Bill Gates' praises, but UP on MS Edge is much faster than on Chrome.  FYI.

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, shardoon said:

Well finally found out about that land across the street from Otown West on Palm Parkway. It is dining and retail called "The Beacon." This is being build by a South Florida firm. Smart move on their part. They will get off the ground first, there is tones of residential going up in the area, and get first shot at picking off the restaurants at the soon to be doomed Crossroads.  

Beacon.JPG

Your graphic might be from this:

https://listingsprod.blob.core.windows.net/ourlistings-usa/cf8f703b-0dea-43a3-9b2f-b463762b61e7/66e69fcf-d47c-48ba-bab4-aebc44ad078b

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

^^

I am still waiting for the announcement of the flag for this 1,200rm hotel.  It's going to be a luxury brand and it's technically within walking distance, which will be a huge asset to the OCCC in competing with other convention centers.  I think they should make the bridge over 528 have a covered walkway on the side; they should engineer a canopy over it.  How much could that possibly cost?

You're thinking is accurate, but I'm not gonna say more than that.

• Like 1

It's Marriott, according to other articles. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/03/land-for-proposed-tru-hotel-concept-near-seaworld.html

"Hamzehloui said the areas around the Orange County Convention Center are gaining interest including a future Marriott hotel project that's been in the works on a 20-acre site nearby that he helped sell for $11.5 million to DCS Real Estate last year"

• Like 2

I'm reading  Marriott and now Hilton. If a TRU is coming next to it, I could buy into Hilton. Marriott nd true next to each other dont make sense.

As far as Marriott, there isn't anything but low branded Marriots near convention center so I could understand the need but interesting non the less.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, dcluley98 said:

It's Marriott, according to other articles. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/08/03/land-for-proposed-tru-hotel-concept-near-seaworld.html

"Hamzehloui said the areas around the Orange County Convention Center are gaining interest including a future Marriott hotel project that's been in the works on a 20-acre site nearby that he helped sell for $11.5 million to DCS Real Estate last year"

I figured it would be, based on the fact that DCS is also developing the JW by Disney.  I'm thinking it will be a Marriott Marquis; not  Ritz; but may be one of Starwood's brands like a high end Westin.  

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 5:32 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I'm reading  Marriott and now Hilton. If a TRU is coming next to it, I could buy into Hilton. Marriott nd true next to each other dont make sense.

As far as Marriott, there isn't anything but low branded Marriots near convention center so I could understand the need but interesting non the less.

remember, even though the same guy owned both parcels, he sold to two different developers...

On 7/2/2018 at 5:11 PM, jrs2 said:

Bingo!

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/masters-realty-closes-deals-bring-hilton-other-major-hotel-brand-popular-hospitality-2229362.htm

That 1,200rm convention hotel going on Westwood Blvd on the back side of the OCCC West Bldg is going to be 40 stories.  

Adjacent will be a much smaller Hilton Tru Hotel; a high end brand

check it out above:

For them to be moving dirt already, shouldn't we have access to more plans or images from the county? I would love to see more details into what is going there. This article is vague and a year old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prahaboheme said:

Seems like a missed opportunity for something iconic on this highly visible intersection.

I totally agree.  It should've been something like that 7-star hotel proposal IMO or at least like Aventura Tower.