sunshine

Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

Recommended Posts


^^

this is a much tighter and more vertical building than those renderings showed.  I thought it was going to be longer (the arms), unless this is the back side of it.

I just found this rendering.  the building to the top left is what is u/C above.  the building to the right I believe is a proposed second building.  I think this image is from

G rowt hspot ter.

gs-universal-files-detailed-design-for-second-hotel-at-wet-n-wild-site-road-designs-20180412.jpg

Edited by jrs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

^^

this is a much tighter and more vertical building than those renderings showed.  I thought it was going to be longer (the arms), unless this is the back side of it.

I just found this rendering.  the building to the top left is what is u/C above.  the building to the right I believe is a proposed second building.  I think this image is from

G rowt hspot ter.

gs-universal-files-detailed-design-for-second-hotel-at-wet-n-wild-site-road-designs-20180412.jpg

Thus far all of the renderings have been literally exactly what was built. If I had to guess its an odd perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More rumors about changes to Epcot’s Future World:

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent-future-world-festival-center-and-beer-garden-new-starbucks-water-maze-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/

Whatever finally happens, it will look considerably different for the park’s second 40 years than the first (although it looks like Spaceship Earth will still be the “wienie”, as Walt would call it.)

From WDW News Today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2019 at 6:21 PM, aent said:

Thus far all of the renderings have been literally exactly what was built. If I had to guess its an odd perspective.

it wasn't this rendering I was referring to; it was an older one that made the arms look much longer.  this rendering and the photo are pretty much spot on.  I like this rendering; I never saw it until I posted it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, jrs2 said:

^^

this is a much tighter and more vertical building than those renderings showed.  I thought it was going to be longer (the arms), unless this is the back side of it.

I just found this rendering.  the building to the top left is what is u/C above.  the building to the right I believe is a proposed second building.  I think this image is from

G rowt hspot ter.

gs-universal-files-detailed-design-for-second-hotel-at-wet-n-wild-site-road-designs-20180412.jpg

this is good looking architecture and parking layout... if it was 1996 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emeril’s at Universal CityWalk will be replaced by USO-owned Bigfire.

What’s interesting about this is that. as Disney is farming out more shops, restaurants and non-Mouse-owned hotels, Universal is going in the exact opposite direction.

I suppose this all makes sense somehow.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201904/6710/

From Theme Park Insider

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Emeril’s at Universal CityWalk will be replaced by USO-owned Bigfire.

What’s interesting about this is that. as Disney is farming out more shops, restaurants and non-Mouse-owned hotels, Universal is going in the exact opposite direction.

I suppose this all makes sense somehow.

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201904/6710/

From Theme Park Insider

I preferred that Emeril's had stayed, but, it is what it is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Construction updates from Disney Riviera Resort and Gran Destino Tower:

http://allears.net/2019/04/09/construction-update-riviera-resort-and-gran-destino-tower-opening-soon-in-disney-world/

From All Ears

Bravo!  That tower at Coronado is fantastic looking.  I can't believe Universal went on the bland side with it's two newest resorts at WetnWild, after they went on the cool modern with Aventura.  It's like they regressed to Cabana Bay.

Anyway, I think Riviera is gonna be special as well once that scaffolding comes down.  Universal needs to spend more money or get better designers for the same money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Interiors and pool renderings of USO’s newest budget resorts:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201904/6713/

From Theme Park Insider 

Ok, so the WetnWild hotel is called Surfside Inn and the WetnWild parking lot hotel is called Dockside Inn.

Well, the pool deck at Surfside Inn is very nice as it faces the lake.  Not sure how Dockside's pool will look with no dramatic backdrop to speak of.

But the lobbies look nice.  Both of these properties will be nice- modern nice...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems Coke, one of the first multinational corporations, also does time travel:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/04/13/media/star-wars-galaxys-edge-coke-disney/index.html

At SW:GE, Coke will be sold in unique droid-like containers labeled in the original Aurebesh...

From CNN

Now, of course, one has to wonder: was Dr Pepper ever sold on Q’onoS?

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sea World, which returned to growth in 2018, has announced layoffs. That seems unusual as they opened a new area this year and in an “up” cycle for the industry, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The company recently switched CEOs, bringing in an outsider from Carnival with no background in theme parks. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-seaworld-lay-offs-2019-story,amp.html

From the Sentinel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Sea World, which returned to growth in 2018, has announced layoffs. That seems unusual as they opened a new area this year and in an “up” cycle for the industry, so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The company recently switched CEOs, bringing in an outsider from Carnival with no background in theme parks. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-seaworld-lay-offs-2019-story,amp.html

From the Sentinel 

From what I'm hearing most of the layoffs are from conservation and animals, which makes sense as they've steadily been reducing their number of animals on site along with their massive conservation efforts amongst the liberal backlash.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will we see more advance reservations requirements to control overcrowding at Disney parks in the future?

While this test at Disneyland for SW:GE won’t apply (at least so far) to WDW, it’s interesting to ponder whether such a system (in various iterations) could be a plus or minus in increasingly immersive lands both at Disney and Universal:

https://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20190409/36820/disneylands-new-reservation-system-good-idea

From Theme Park Tourist

Or, they could just bring back “E” tickets (maybe “F” for Star Wars). Folks have forgotten that the ticket books were an early way to spread crowds throughout Disneyland. They went away with the opening of Epcot under the assumption capacity was expanding so rapidly they would no longer be required (and they were admittedly confusing to newbies, but then so are booking FastPasses 60 days before your vacation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2019 at 6:12 PM, aent said:

From what I'm hearing most of the layoffs are from conservation and animals, which makes sense as they've steadily been reducing their number of animals on site along with their massive conservation efforts amongst the liberal backlash.

Neither here nor there, but, CNN got a major "_____"on against Sea World  or Busch for reasons, I believe, beyond "liberal backlash" for conservation's sake; rather, for something else behind the scenes.  Because if that was the case, they'd go after Disney for Animal Kingdom being open at night...IMO...  or for keeping that deranged Bengal Tiger in Asia that just paces back and forth in a delusional state in front of the glass.  But, Disney is also a major media player and going after them might bring down The Wrath so they don't touch it with a ten foot pole...  who knows...

4 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Actually, this is Disneyland updates.  I was about to ask since when Rainforest Café shut down, and why that garage looks like it has a parks tram pulled up front and where the skywalk is going across LBV Blvd.  Anomalies b/c this is Anaheim...  LOL.

Edited by jrs2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Neither here nor there, but, CNN got a major "_____"on against Sea World  or Busch for reasons, I believe, beyond "liberal backlash" for conservation's sake; rather, for something else behind the scenes.  Because if that was the case, they'd go after Disney for Animal Kingdom being open at night...IMO...  or for keeping that deranged Bengal Tiger in Asia that just paces back and forth in a delusional state in front of the glass.  But, Disney is also a major media player and going after them might bring down The Wrath so they don't touch it with a ten foot pole...  who knows...

Actually, this is Disneyland updates.  I was about to ask since when Rainforest Café shut down, and why that garage looks like it has a parks tram pulled up front and where the skywalk is going across LBV Blvd.  Anomalies b/c this is Anaheim...  LOL.

You’re right on Downtown Disney. Didn’t catch it since it came from a “WDW News” blog. I pulled it. Thanks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More on the Disney Skyliner. Highlights: the speed is 11mph and there will be about 300 cabins.

The total capacity is comparable to that of the monorail system.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-gondolas-disney-sneak-preview-20190416-story.html

From the Sentinel 

Also, to the surprise of absolutely no one, Universal today announced a ticket increase, following in the footsteps of the Mouse by just a few weeks. Stay tuned to see what Sea World does:

https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201904/6725/

From Theme Park Insider 

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.