Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

was at Festivay Bay yesterday... I'm impressed. the Cinema is busy; Bass Pro Shops is always busy; Universal opened their store there; Criketers Arms Pub opened up as did Bergamo's. the water fountain is back on. I think 60 stores are open now. It's starting to come alive like Frampton.

It's no Millennia, but it's got a fun atmosphere (no, I don't have a financial interest in it).

Ron Jon's Surf Park is still under development- design; I spoke with another person recently in the know regarding it. yet, not much of any activity on it's site.

Festival Bay needs about a handful of "magnet stores" still (stores that people absolutely need to shop at). I'm thinking Gamestop. Maybe a few more outlet stores like the Kaspar and Nine West and Jones NY stores. Nine West would have been a great draw b/c of it's proximity to DT, except for the fact that Prime opened one up also.

The Bergamo's/Dixie Crossroads/Fuddrucker's/Criketers Arms is a good set of eateries to attract people. But they need at least 20 stores still to fill a majority of the gaps in retail.

Care to weigh in? Which projects in the tourist district do you think will be built?

Blue Rose

Amalfi

Peabody expansion

The Wheel / The Venetian

Palazza De Lago

Wyndham Twins

Ravallo

Four Seasons

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these have broken ground yet.

I'm sure there are lots more. Which ones carry weight and which ones have no chance?

Edited by Supermetro

Care to weigh in? Which projects in the tourist district do you think will be built?

Blue Rose

Amalfi

Peabody expansion

The Wheel / The Venetian

Palazza De Lago

Wyndham Twins

Ravallo

Four Seasons

Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these have broken ground yet.

I'm sure there are lots more. Which ones carry weight and which ones have no chance?

most likely: Peabody

next most likely: Four Seasons

then: The Wheel, since they bought the lot already.

then: Blue Rose/ Palazzo/ Wyndham/ Ravallo--- as a group... require deposits, therefore who knows...

then: Blue Rose/ Palazzo/ Wyndham/ Ravallo--- as a group... require deposits, therefore who knows...

Was there an actual announcement re: Four Seasons, or is it speculation? I might've missed it since I'm not living in town anymore. But if there was any sort of announcement, I'd say Four Seasons is the most likely, just because it's an established company/brand with the capital to pull it off.

Was there an actual announcement re: Four Seasons, or is it speculation? I might've missed it since I'm not living in town anymore. But if there was any sort of announcement, I'd say Four Seasons is the most likely, just because it's an established company/brand with the capital to pull it off.

Crofton of WDW announce a joint marriage with Four Seasons to go north of the MK adjacent to a couple of the golf courses... I'd say that means it's getting built.

Has'nt Blue rose also purchased their land? (they have however posponed their groundbreaking!)

Pillars rising out of the ground at the new Orlando Hilton. Land clearing on a large scale next to the UCF Rosen school of Hospitality. Sorry no pics, but will endeavor to do better next time. Along with the construction across from Shingle Creek, if your idea of a nice drive is by construction sites, this would be the place to make a picnic of it.

regarding the new school impact fees just recently approved. does anybody know when they are going to take effect? i recently submitted plans for a single home building permit and it got rejected yesterday for lack of a few supplemental documents from my architect. i am turning in everything they wanted to the building dept tomorrow. i already have a tracking number and my application is dated from before this most recent orange county vote. do you all think there is a possibility that i am grandfathered into the old impact fees?

thanks in advance for your input.

regarding the new school impact fees just recently approved. does anybody know when they are going to take effect? i recently submitted plans for a single home building permit and it got rejected yesterday for lack of a few supplemental documents from my architect. i am turning in everything they wanted to the building dept tomorrow. i already have a tracking number and my application is dated from before this most recent orange county vote. do you all think there is a possibility that i am grandfathered into the old impact fees?

thanks in advance for your input.

Shardoon, I would call the county (Planning) to make sure, but I think you would be ok. Looks like there is typically a 2 month lag even if you are not 'grandfathered' in. I believe you have to pay whatever impact fees are applicable when the permit is issued, however.

Phillips View to tower over Sand Lake

Le Royal Development plans 15-story office building.

Orlando Business Journal - by Dan Ping Staff Writer

SUMMARY:

$48 million, 15-story Class A office building on Sand Lake Road, next to the gourmet McDonalds.

the renderings only show about 11 floors. still, I'm pretty excited about this building. I think it will help define this neighborhood much the same way similar sized office bldgs. have defined other neighborhoods in other larger metros.

I think it will help define this neighborhood much the same way similar sized office bldgs. have defined other neighborhoods in other larger metros.

Not so sure about that anymore. If you made this comment more than 3 years ago, I definitely would have agreed but now that Dellagio, Rialto, and the Whole Foods shopping center under construction--and with Walmart recently opening--there isn't much available land in that immediate area. And with most buildings along that stretch of west Sand Lake Road being constructed in the last 15 years, I don't think we're going to see anything get demolished anytime soon. That corner of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake is going to be a fine example of poor zoning and planning-- a mish-mash of Class A office, condos, retail, fast food, gas stations, strip malls, restaurants, and even a storage facility.

That said, I just heard today that a new office building has started construction at the corner of Dr. Phillips Blvd. and Della Dr. (across the street from Steinmart/Public Library).