Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

^Wasn't there a Victoria's Secret in the Exchange building in the early 90s along with a dozen or so other retailers?

Yup, the also rans however were very specialized like a magic/joke shop, a hat store, mineralized rocks, a Christmas store, I can't remember the others, but along the same line. Mostly chachi for tourists it seemed.

Oh yeah, there was also a United Colors of Bennington.

no photos at the moment, here's some interesting construction update regarding tower cranes (#) and other cranes in the attractions area:

-Waldorf-Hilton: 4 -it's almost at tree level

-Contemporary: 2 - it's on the 5th level

-Hilton Grand Vacations: 4 -tower 1 is topped off; tower 2 is U/C

-Hilton OCCC- not sure, but there's a bunch of swing or whatever cranes. - at least 4 levels up

-Lake Eve- I-Drive: swing crane or two; --6th or7th level;

there's more projects...

no photos at the moment, here's some interesting construction update regarding tower cranes (#) and other cranes in the attractions area:

-Waldorf-Hilton: 4 -it's almost at tree level

-Contemporary: 2 - it's on the 5th level

-Hilton Grand Vacations: 4 -tower 1 is topped off; tower 2 is U/C

-Hilton OCCC- not sure, but there's a bunch of swing or whatever cranes. - at least 4 levels up

-Lake Eve- I-Drive: swing crane or two; --6th or7th level;

there's more projects...

Ya I noticed those swing cranes at the Hilton site. Are they going to construct the whole project with those things?

December is coming to the end. What's going on with Peabody?

Ya I noticed those swing cranes at the Hilton site. Are they going to construct the whole project with those things?

December is coming to the end. What's going on with Peabody?

I wish I knew, but I don't think anyone at CVB is holding their breath...

----

The Fountains (I-Drive) has also got lots of construction as well, same with LBV Res. & Spa (just finishing the existing bldgs (#4 & Spa);

----

Orl. Premium Outlets: The parking garage is opened... probably for a while now. It's got a double-decker walkway over to the mall; you can take the elevator down, and from there, there's a temporary walkway routing you to a temporary path thru the bldg (it hasn't been built-out yet it seems) and into the mall between the Disney store and Auntie Anne's or whatever.

I don't know what the ultimate plans are at the moment, but it looks like they are going to do something where the walkway crosses to the mall. the first 1.5 levels of the garage were filled up; it was very well lit at night; a great addition to the mall. way more lit than Pointe Orlando's garage;

Prime needs to follow suit.

great renderings for all 3 projects.

Rialto-- is Intermezzo still getting built? b/c the superstructure for Rialto is way under way but I haven't seen any construction for the resid. portion

Phillips View-- so what's the official height going to be, b/c they've written 15 or so but I can't find more than 11 floors. This is OUC's doppelganger. interesting geography on the lot this thing's going on too.

Since it is the end of 2007 and being new to the Orlando area; I was wondering if someone on here can compile a list of all the projects that have being constructed, proposed, under construction and cancelled in 2007; most notably in the attractions area since I just moved there. Hotels/Resorts/Office towers/shopping areas, restaurants, condos, apartments and anything else I forgot to mention.

Yes, I know it's a long list to compile, but I have faith from my new fourmers to make this a reality. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! :alc:

D.

great renderings for all 3 projects.

Rialto-- is Intermezzo still getting built? b/c the superstructure for Rialto is way under way but I haven't seen any construction for the resid. portion

Phillips View-- so what's the official height going to be, b/c they've written 15 or so but I can't find more than 11 floors. This is OUC's doppelganger. interesting geography on the lot this thing's going on too.

Since it is the end of 2007 and being new to the Orlando area; I was wondering if someone on here can compile a list of all the projects that have being constructed, proposed, under construction and cancelled in 2007; most notably in the attractions area since I just moved there. Hotels/Resorts/Office towers/shopping areas, restaurants, condos, apartments and anything else I forgot to mention.

Yes, I know it's a long list to compile, but I have faith from my new fourmers to make this a reality. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! :alc:

D.

www.orlandoskyscrapers.com

it's ironic that now, the attractions area has 2 malls with parking decks-- Pointe Orlando and Premium Outlets. I see a trend to denser development occuring now.

Even Peabody's new addition will include a parking garage where one does not currently exist. BTW, the latest rumor is a February groundbreaking.

The lights have been on at the Westin Imagine for a few weeks now... reminds me of Omni Championsgate.

I really like this Hilton Midtown at Ruby Lake project...

Millennia--- there's some new construction going on behind the mall--- the tract of land next to that fancy apt. complex near Nova, and somewhere else towards the front--- not the proposed plaza fronting Ikea--- something else.

Any recent shots of the OCCC Hilton? Aquatica?

I'd hope with denser development pushing down International Drive towards CF Parkway that the County will invest in making the stretch between the OCCC and CF Parkway as pedestrian as I-Drive from OCCC to Sand Lake. I don't think it is unreasonable at this point to promote a continuous streetwall from CF Parkway all the way to Universal Blvd along I-Drive--especially with all the investment taking place.

Edited by prahaboheme

Any recent shots of the OCCC Hilton? Aquatica?

I'd hope with denser development pushing down International Drive towards CF Parkway that the County will invest in making the stretch between the OCCC and CF Parkway as pedestrian as I-Drive from OCCC to Sand Lake. I don't think it is unreasonable at this point to promote a continuous streetwall from CF Parkway all the way to Universal Blvd along I-Drive--especially with all the investment taking place.

You'll have to talk to Sea World about that. Sea World's property makes up a good chunk of that. Plus south of OCCC I've seen more businesses closing than new ones opening.

Funny you mention Sea World. During my weekly trip to the Hideway I heard from one of the contractors working out there that 1 or 2 of the pools somehow started to pop out of the ground. Didn't have anything to do with groundwater, but rather the water pumps. Supposedly, they are going to have to pull out a foot thick mat of concrete and rebar and start over again.

Also heard that someone forgot to specify everything handling saltwater to be stainless steel....

edit: This is at Aquatica, of course.

Edited by neon9

Funny you mention Sea World. During my weekly trip to the Hideway I heard from one of the contractors working out there that 1 or 2 of the pools somehow started to pop out of the ground. Didn't have anything to do with groundwater, but rather the water pumps. Supposedly, they are going to have to pull out a foot thick mat of concrete and rebar and start over again.

Also heard that someone forgot to specify everything handling saltwater to be stainless steel....

edit: This is at Aquatica, of course.

No, this is BEC of course. Doesn't surprise me with their lack of planning, foresight, and cost-cutting attitude. Hope the new pak doesn't leak into the aquifers like the saltwater pool at Discovery Cove.