Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

sunshine

No, this is BEC of course. Doesn't surprise me with their lack of planning, foresight, and cost-cutting attitude. Hope the new pak doesn't leak into the aquifers like the saltwater pool at Discovery Cove.

BEC?

BEC Consulting in Tally shows up in Google, but I've never heard of them?

Channel 13 is reporting that the purchaser of the Dolly Parton property is the outlet mall located directly next to it.

That area could use more "Prime Outlets"

That mall needs its own dedicated I-4 on/off-ramps. Getting into and out of there from 535/I-Drive is horrendous already, not to mention how bad it'll be as the area continues to be developed.

^Wasn't there a Victoria's Secret in the Exchange building in the early 90s along with a dozen or so other retailers?

Yes there was, also Benneton, that Fudgery place that used to be in almost all the malls and there were a few other national retailers I can't think of. Also in the Church St. Market there was Limited Express and one of the few Limited Express stores for men, before Structure, now Express Men. Park Ave. had the same and also a men and women's Banana Republic, then just women's, now gone.

That mall needs its own dedicated I-4 on/off-ramps. Getting into and out of there from 535/I-Drive is horrendous already, not to mention how bad it'll be as the area continues to be developed.

There is an I-4 overpass going in there that will link International drive to Palm Parkway where the new Buena Vista Resort is going in:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/stories.../02/story3.html

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

The Orlando Business Journal reports that a $2 billion mixed used development called Midtown has been proposed for a 214 acre site just west of I-4 about half way between the 535 exit and Central Florida Parkway along Palm Parkway (MAP). The huge complex would include hotels, timeshares, rental units and office space when it opens in November 2009. The project is being masterminded by Shamanand “Sham” Maharaj and his company Buena Vista Corp. Two resorts at the site have already begun construction: a $300 million high rise Wyandham condo hotel (504 units) that will feature twin 30 story tall towers, and the first phase (141 units) of a Hilton Grand Vacations timeshare development that will grow over the next decade to have 1,200 units. The site also has room for three more hotels, one of which is already being planed by Hilton. As part of the development, there is a plan to build a bridge over I-4 to connect Palm Parkway with the Premium Outlets Mall on the east side of the freeway. A nightly laser water show is also planned to take place on Lake Ruby, which will be surrounded by the Midtown development.

Edited by scottb411

BEC?

BEC Consulting in Tally shows up in Google, but I've never heard of them?

BEC -Busch Entertainment Corporation?

There is an I-4 overpass going in there that will link International drive to Palm Parkway where the new Buena Vista Resort is going in.

That is as long as the Dr. Phillips residents don't start screaming about it.

Edited by codypet

I think the overpass connecting I-Drive to Palm Parkway will be the initial piece to an eventual interchange there.

my question is why build a parking deck (4 stories) if Prime is planning on buying the Dolly land across the street anyways? I thought they were going to develop one of their parking lots with the 35 store expansion- connected to the existing mall. I hope they don't expand across the street instead.

No, this is BEC of course. Doesn't surprise me with their lack of planning, foresight, and cost-cutting attitude. Hope the new pak doesn't leak into the aquifers like the saltwater pool at Discovery Cove.

Never heard of the aquifer issue...but it looks like the local daily is just getting around to noticing this!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/cu...rl_tab01_layout

Some of the saltwater pools and their plumbing at SeaWorld Orlando and neighboring Discovery Cove have been leaking into the aquifers below those theme parks, in some cases salting the groundwater beneath them for the past seven years, according to state environmental records.

Edit: What are they doing, pouring leftover Bud Light on the ground there?

Edited by neon9

Google trends shows Orlando as the number one area being searched for when people are looking for vacatiom homes. Google Trends I wonder how much of this translates in to sales and is not just rentals?

Unfortunately, the "Orlando" means the location from where that search is taking place, based on IP addresses, etc. See below for Google's explanation of it. Unfortunately, people in Orlando, above other places, are searching for "Vacation Homes." I guess they either have so much cash flow that they can afford a vacation home, or the more likely scenario -- they're looking to offset the mortgage on their home/condo by listing it as a vacation home.

Google Trend - 5. How do the Cities, Regions, Sub-regions and Languages work? Google Trends uses IP address information from our server logs to make a best guess about where queries originated. Language information is determined by the language version of the Google site on which the search was originally entered.

Premium expansion-- anywhere from 35-40 new stores is the official word. design? nothing released except at the management office inside the mall. In essence, they are extending the breezeway where Mikasa was/Disney Store is east, and the other breezeway/back entrance at the north end, to connect with a new N/S aisle of stores which will be east of the existing building. The new construction will abut the existing structure. There will be parking between the new wing and Hilton's property-- but not much. Bus stop is moving as well.

Premium will still be smaller than it's sister in the Tri-State area (NYC), but this one will be a contiguous building-- the one up north is a loose assortment of buildings. Also, Orlando Premium Outlets is the busiest property they have, even though NY is bigger. Numero uno. This might end up be a 150 store monster. Prime will be 180 stores when Phase II opens.

No word on what they'll do with Dixie Stampede. My guess is that whatever they do is directly related to the future overpass connecting Palm Parkway to I-Drive. However, it might be an investment property solely. But it has excelllent frontage with I-4.

all this from a friendly visit I made the other day.

i am hearing rumors of a linen 'n' things and petsmart or petco in the new whole foods plaza at sandlake/turkeylake.

Damn no Trader Joes yet? How about Smith and Hawken, The Container Store, Williams Sonoma Home, Restoration Hardware, CB2 or a Sur La Table? Do we really need another Linen n things? How about some stores that are new to the market and not the same ole same ole? Hell, I'd be happy with just a Jamba Juice.

Edited by leclercnlakenona

Damn no Trader Joes yet? How about Smith and Hawken, The Container Store, Williams Sonoma Home, Restoration Hardware, CB2 or a Sur La Table? Do we really need another Linen n things? How about some stores that are new to the market and not the same ole same ole? Hell, I'd be happy with just a Jamba Juice.
Isn't a Trader Joe's a competitor to Whole Foods? The rest I would love to have and maybe Traders could go in near Millenia. Jamba Juice would be nice as would a Dean & Deluca. I am with you on the lack of variety that we are forced to accept in all these new developments and 'town centers'!

Isn't a Trader Joe's a competitor to Whole Foods? The rest I would love to have and maybe Traders could go in near Millenia. Jamba Juice would be nice as would a Dean & Deluca. I am with you on the lack of variety that we are forced to accept in all these new developments and 'town centers'!

I guess you can say that Trader Joes is a direct compeditor since they both capture the organic market, but that is were it ends. I'm a Trader Joe's addict and once you shop there, you can fathom going any place else. It's almost like a cult following. Very rarely I'll venture into "Whole Paycheck" unless its a hard to find item; the deli is good though. I totally forgot about Dean & Deluca and maybe even a Blue Chip Cookie franchise or a gourmet cupcake place that seems to be all the rage these days. In Portland, Noodles & Co. is the big rage, but I thought they sucked. I'm still waiting for a Claim Jumper franchise to set up shop here; that store creates Cheesecake Factory numbers in patrons and in menu selecton. Speaking of Cheesecake Factory, how about putting the Grand Lux Cafe and a Dave and Busters in that Festival Bay eyesore to create more demand?

<<<I would love to have and maybe Traders could go in near Millenia

I'm totally OK with that since I just bought in the Millennium Parc project near Millenia. The Gardens is supposed to be getting an upscale grocer, but I don't think Trader Joes would be it. If anything, Publix would build there Greenwise concept there.

Looks like it could be a very nice waterpark!! Loved the pics of the Killer Whales!!

It will really be great in about three to five year once all the landscape grows in. It is nice already, the did a great job.

Those are actually Commerson's Dolphins. The are about 3-4ft long, much smaller than an Orca, but look very similar. http://www.whale-web.com/dolphins/commerson.html

This is the area where two of the tube slides go through their habitat. You can see the slides on the left side of the photos.

Holy Land Experience details its expansion

The Holy Land Experience is done with being humble.

The biblically themed tourist attraction is planning to erect a 30-foot-tall sign alongInterstate 4, highlighting its new owner, Trinity Broadcasting Network, which purchased the park last June for $37 million.

Other indications of the park's new ownership include a 100,000-square-foot television studio to be built on land across Vineland Road from the attraction, parking lots surrounding the TV studio, and a footbridge over Vineland connecting the parking and studio to the main complex. Article