sunshine

Orlando Attractions Area News & Developments

Trader Joe's is a little more about snack foods and pre-made/frozen stuff than Whole Foods, which is more a full scale market. On the other hand, Trader Joe's offers some pretty good deals on some different items. They both actually compliment each other more than compete. I would love to see a Trader Joe's go in either in Dr. Phillips or even right downtown.

I never realized that Noodles and Co. had expanded beyond Colorado. I actually thought they were pretty good - I think they would do well in the area. Although there was a noodle type place at Millenia a few years ago that seems to have failed. Has Earl of Sandwich expanded to any more locations? I would love to see a better mix of interesting better quality fast food/Fast Casual locations. there were a few a couple of years ago, but it seems most of them have gone away. I think they tried too much to be sit down restaurants.

What I really want is a good place with good, free wi fi!

Looks like it could be a very nice waterpark!! Loved the pics of the Killer Whales!!

It will really be great in about three to five year once all the landscape grows in. It is nice already, the did a great job.

Those are actually Commerson's Dolphins. The are about 3-4ft long, much smaller than an Orca, but look very similar. http://www.whale-web.com/dolphins/commerson.html

This is the area where two of the tube slides go through their habitat. You can see the slides on the left side of the photos.

Holy Land Experience details its expansion

The Holy Land Experience is done with being humble.

The biblically themed tourist attraction is planning to erect a 30-foot-tall sign alongInterstate 4, highlighting its new owner, Trinity Broadcasting Network, which purchased the park last June for $37 million.

Other indications of the park's new ownership include a 100,000-square-foot television studio to be built on land across Vineland Road from the attraction, parking lots surrounding the TV studio, and a footbridge over Vineland connecting the parking and studio to the main complex. Article

Peabody's 35 story tower will start construction immediatly after the Builders show..

Get out of here

What? Did they just realize how much more money they could have made?

^^

that's the old proposal-- I think 42 stories. the new one was supposed to be 32 stories... so 35 stories sounds much better now. Peabody I is 28 stories, so, ratio-wise, the new tower should be close to the height of the one pictured in that diagram... that's 7 more stories of height.

A new Retail Development going up next to Mall of Millenia.

There is quite a bit of activity happening next to the Mall of Millenia. What new retail development are you specifically referring to? I'm sorry, was this a question or a statement?

any one know whats going on with the mercado redevelopment....anyone know whats going on with the square?.....are they still going to have the belagio style water fountain?....do they have tennants?....is the hotel still going in?

onative i bet you have info on this one...fill us in!

I got nothing. Since I moved up to the ATL I haven't really been privy to a lot of O-town updates.

Im home this week i'll see what I can find out. I think were walking the Hilton tomorrow and OUC on Wednesday

any one know whats going on with the mercado redevelopment....anyone know whats going on with the square?.....are they still going to have the belagio style water fountain?....do they have tennants?....is the hotel still going in?

onative i bet you have info on this one...fill us in!

they announced tenants for The Square a while ago (restaurants)... somewhere back in this thread. I think the hotel component is going to front Universal Blvd., while the retail portion fronts I-Drive. not sure about the fountain specifically.

^^

that's the old proposal-- I think 42 stories. the new one was supposed to be 32 stories... so 35 stories sounds much better now. Peabody I is 28 stories, so, ratio-wise, the new tower should be close to the height of the one pictured in that diagram... that's 7 more stories of height.

It should be right around the 400' mark.